Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..Went to check out the progress on my 68 GT motor being rebuilt....I went back in the back room with the guy who owns the place and we looked at the block...I asked him "how did you have to bore it?"...his reply was that the bore was stock and this block had never been machined...wow I thought...then I searched for the "c8####" that I have grown to see on all ford parts...they were on the heads...they were on the intake (well, a c9### was on the intake), but we could NOT find the numbers on the block...very thorough search on both sides of the motor (and it had already been cleaned and bored/honed), couldn't find anything....went over to another FE block, found em right away...the guy said he had never seen this issue about finding a motor on a ford block (and this place has been around 20+ years)....rumor had it that this motor was rebuilt about 13 years ago....could the block have been replaced? do crate motors have ###'s pounded into them? Trying to figure out what the heck I got! Thanks
Chris

Attachments

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Chris My x's 68GT/A Mustang had the non # block as well. I've seen a few over the years. Its no big deal as far as I know.

·
11,000 Posts
FE block casting numbers are pretty meaningless so it is not surprising that many have no numbers except the date by the oil filter adapter mounting boss.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool....Thank you very much...I love this site
Chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In all honesty, that Volvo is probablly the smartest $1500 investment I ever made....daily driver.
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts