Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I purchased a kit to upgrade my clock in my 70 XR7. It was a relatively easy project and it fit right into the existing bezel just like the original. I am now looking to do the same thing for my 69 standard but I can't find the upgrade kit any more. Does anyone know where I can find these bad boys? Thanks

Zoli

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I replaced the clock mechanism in the Wife's 70 Mach with a quartz movement several years ago. I saw the ad in Hemmings. There is also a website that has many Mustang links (Tom's or Tim's or something like that) In there there is a link to the Co. that I used.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just purchased a quartz movement from Vic Yarberry at Cougars Unlimited. Still putting the rest of the clock back together, but no big deal replacing the movement. I think Leon Bray told me about this guy. The only downside is the second hand "sweeps" instead of "ticks".

Contact Vic at [email protected] or [email protected].

More contact info:

Cougars Unlimited
6831 Truchas Dr. NE
Albuquerque NM 87109
(505) 821-1002 after 6PM Mountain time
http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited

Steve C.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Yup you lose points in judged show for quartz clocks. I repair the original movements and replace the lens $85 all inclusive

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well, the problem with the original clocks is they don't keep time worth a damn. They sure look neat, though.

Steve C.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
All my clocks keep time. try setting the calibration by using the ADJUSTER

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i will say this,
3 out of 4 of my cars were xr7s(1 the eliminator) and i never had seen 1 work yet. Even at shows on other cats cars(never paid attention but would like to see 1 work).The parts cars clock has a badly faded lens and not sure if the clock works but eventually i may have it rebuilt.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
All my clocks have worked, with minor repairs...Guess I've been lucky..
Kept decent time too...

Bruce

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Now you guys have me curious - I replaced my clock innards with quartz about 5 years ago - but I could SWEAR the second hands ticks (rather than sweeps) - guess I'll have to look when I get home tonight...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Got 3 clocks...

none work.:(

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts