Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into picking up some quarter patches, ive generally heard about soft edges etc.
do all the usual suppliers sell the same ones, or does one supplier carry a better line of them
thanks

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What year Cougar?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
68, sorry i realized i didnt put that in when i originally posted this

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The 69/70 Tabco repro quarters are the ones that have soft radius edges and soft metal. I am unsure about the 67/68 patches, guessing there is probably only one manufacturer but I could be wrong (I'm a big help, huh?). I am sure others will be able to comment on what is available and if I am correct or not.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks for the input as always, ill wait and see what others have to say too

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I used a couple from JCC. We only used a small portion of the patch panel though, just to replace the small rust holes. Worked fine.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I've heard that the RF fender is the same lines as the LR fender, and so are the LF fender and RR quarter panel. I have several iffy front fenders that I am going to cut up into patch panels, when I get back now from Kuwait.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok let me know, i have a couple fenders, probably rotten but will see how that lines up first,
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts