Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is crazy, I can't believe they don't make a patch for the rear quater! I need a patch for both sides lower behind the rear tire. I have a very experienced body guy will to help me(retired with over 25 yrs exp.). He is willing to put patches for me on the car. He says they could be fabricated and will look great. I want to save the guy the trouble, he is being very generous already. Is there anyone out there who could fabricate these out of sheetmetal for reasonable price. I did see past post about someone able to fabricate them out of "satin metal", but I don't know about that, kind of wanna stick with the same metal that came with the car originally. Any advice or direction would be great, such a great fourm. I'm glad to be a part of it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I dont know if this helps, but they make a low 1/4 for 69/70, sure beats making 2 pieces. There are 340. Canadian a side.

Cross Canada Auto body, Ontario, Canada. I put the web page on the 68 Cougar panel thread.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quarter Panels

Clarkson Cougars in Jacksonville has rear quarters for sale. I believe he even had some new panels. You can find his address and phone number on the DCCONLINE.ORG site.
Jim

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but it's very unlikely that you'll find a patch. You're probably going to have to buy the full 1/4 and section what you need. Patches are usually available for very popular and plentiful models (ie. Camaro's and Mustangs). I know the feeling, I did it on my '68 way back and recently on a '69 Cuda convertible i'm restoring. The Cuda is practically rust free except the the lower rear section of the 1/4's and I had to but two full skins @ $189.00/skin and section the six inches i needed. Good thing I didn't need the full 1/4's since they were wavy as hell but it's all that's available. In fact they don't even make the trunk drop offs. Good thing I didn't need them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1\4 patches?

I need patches too, both sides!! I have been neglecting my body damage for 3 years now, it's time I take care of it. I had a blowout at about 75mph on the right rear, now have a big dent with holes and rust. The left side is all bondo at the bottom from the last owner. If I could just get the piece from the contour line down, I could have it fixed.

Ty B
1970 XR-7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts