Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need rear quarter panels or patch panels for a '68. Also could use the inner drop panels.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back ordered

Thanks, Rick but I have had an order there for a month. They are back ordered and don't know when the supplier will make some more, so I am still looking.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Try these guys. I got lower 1/4's for the Fairlane and they have them for my 70 Cougar, wont hurt to ask. They are in Ontario, Canada.

http://ont.net/crosscan/ccbody.htm

Rick

the book I have says part number- 532-50 for the full 1/4, and p.n.-532-62 for the trunk filler.
Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Canadian source didn't have anything for a '68 but I was contacted by someone who is parting out a car and we are trying to work it out. I can get by with just the skins, which might be easier to ship. Has anyone had experience with long distance shipping of large parts? We are talking about CA to MN.
Tom

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah, I got many years of LTL (less than a load) freight delivery experiance so I can give a few tips. The first thing to remember if your shipping full quarter skins is they will be too large for UPS, FEDEX etc, so that means that you will have to ship them truck freight. Also remember that as a piece of LTL freight they will not be delivered on the same truck that picked them up. They will be loaded and unloaded several times before you recive them and sometimes they will not be handled in the most delicate manner, so alot of thought and work should go into packaging them before they are shipped.

The best way to package them is to make a wooden crate for them. Separate them in the crate with solid bracing and nail and band the crate together. You cant over engineer the crate, you dont want your skins dented or crushed even though you will insure them, you dont want to have to find another set.

The shipper can prepay the freight or they can be shipped freight collect for you to pay when they are delivered or when you pick them up. Make sure if they are shipped freight collect you are aware of the type of funds the truckline will accept.

If you there is no at your home during the daytime you may have trouble with being able to take delivery. If you know of someone with a business you could use for delivery you may want to have them shipped there. Or live near any freight terminals you can have it held there so you can pick it up yourself at the terminal. It helps if for instance a Roadway terminal is in your area, to have it shipped Roadway or who ever is close by.

Also if the shipper isnt around during the day for a shipment pickup he may take the crate to the trucklines terminal.

If you plan of having it delivered to your home you can list on the bill of lading your phone # with the instructions for the driver to call for his convinence. They cannot charge extra for the call unless it is listed as a must call before delivery.

Just remember to build a strong crate and think through your pickup and delivery options. Try to use a national carrier like Roadway, Yellow, ABF, CCX, CFS etc as compared to a local cartage company for the carrier to eliminate excessive interlining and dock crossings. :rolleyes: mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts