Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, a young girl backed her brother's 07 Honda accord into the quarter of my 67. Looking for a little input on how should I handle the repair and insurance claim? Thanks, Greg
zach.jpg

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would just call my AGENT, tell them what happened. Then I would get an estimate from a shop I PREFER, if you have one, and go from there. I am sure HER agent will be in contact with you, but I would tell your agent. If by chance you BOTH have insurance through the same Company, it makes it much easier. I would PUSH for repairs at the shop you prefer, for sure.

I wish you well.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
391 Posts
Greg, I agree with Dale 100%. I actually had similar damage to my '68 many years ago and found a body shop that repaired it with no/almost no bondo -- you could still clearly see the fender crease inside the trunk! It definitely pays to shop around to find someone who does good work, and let the insurance company pay for it. In CA, as the owner of the car, I can choose and the insurance company has to pay for the repairs, it cannot require me to go to a particular shop. I hope it's the same in Florida.

Good luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
greg

no problem to be pulled out good as new. mine was hit there and body shop welds copper studs to out side and pulls them out to original conture looking inside trunk you'd never know it was hit. very cool

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Notify your insurance company, but make a claim against the girls insurance.
You will not have to pay your deductible, and you should be able to get a rental on them.

Use your preferred shop, for the estimate and work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
well in the case of nj where no fault ins is the norm the other ins co paid half of my deductable after i contacted the ins commissioner with a complaint almost a year to date of accident. but the car looks great even got 2 new emblems for the side. one i used.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I hope it can be pulled out. Its deeper thant the pic shows. I have a stud welder, but haven't pulled anything this large. It was her brother's car, so his insurance is the one liable. His insurance company has contacted me, but they tell me they haven't been in contact with him yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts