Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BetaCat, my silver '73 XR-7 hardtop has to go bye-bye due to relocation. The wife and I are moving too far away to take too many cars. We are each keeping one hobby car. Between the two of us we have six!

BetaCat is a '73 XR-7 hardtop, pewter with black 1/2 vinyl top and black XR-7 leather interior. It is an 351C-4V, C-6 automatic, but the original numbers-matching drivetrain was long gone when I bought it. I had found another 4-bolt main Cleveland four barrel engine and freshened it up a bit. It also has the factory CJ 10.25 high stall torque converter and posi 9" rear. It does have early quench 4V heads on it to bump the compression up some and an aftermarket close-to-stock CJ-spec cam. It has an early Cleveland square bore cast iron intake with a factory Ford Holley 600cfm carb from a GT390 Fairlane. The car runs (ran) great! It will run 14.40s @ 95 mph on street tires through the stock dual exhaust.

Condition: Body - fair. Has rust in bottom of quarter panels and wheelhouses. doors good. fenders good. hood good. Bumpers bad, but have rechromed rear bumper. Interior good. A/c has been removed. Also many NOS parts -- rear valence, wheel opening mldgs, rocker mldgs,... The car has minor accident damage to the right quarter panel and right fender, but nothing more than skin deep. NOS fender already installed. I even have a replacement (used) quarter panel! Heck, the NOS parts alone could probably fetch over a grand on Ebay.

Pic can be seen in gallery.

Make offer!

If interested, drop me a note. E-mail preferred because nobody ever looks down there at the bottom of the Forums page to see if they have any private messages! Do you?

Milo

P.S. 66 Comet Caliente also for sale. Ask for details. (Shhhh! Don't tell Logan I'm selling a non-cougar on the boards! ;) )

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH COME ON!

OH COME ON!, As of this morning this ad has had 74 views and not one response? I need to find my Cat a home -- Quick!

Milo

·
Registered
889 Posts
Id like to

Man I just live right down the road -480 Im waiting for a probate settlement my other stash went for my girl for college.whenare you moving? send me a e-mail I"ll take ride west

1 - 4 of 4 Posts