Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Paul, I liked your paint booth. Looks quite like the one I put up in the one bay in my garage when I'm ready to paint something. I use a pump sprayer to wet the plastic and the floor before painting and never have a dust problem. I also like to do things myself (mostly out of nessesity) , but like Clint Eastwood says, a man has to know his limatations.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Paul,

You make that look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy. Which I know from my own experiences, it ain't.

Great pics and I love the creative paint booth. I'm just way too lazy to try it myself. I figure I'll start off with something small...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not as easy as it looks

Logan,
It was actually fairly easy. Maybe that's why it is not perfect. The three most physically demanding things that I did in the 9 month resto process were 1. Floor pans- burned about 1/8 of the skin on my body, doused my face in gasoline by accidently cutting through the gas line, burned both retinas with insuficient welding glasses. 2. Rear end replacement- Try lying in a stone driveway and bench pressing a 9" center section, then get the first nuts started with the hand that is not holding the rear in place. 3. Prep sanding- Spent two and a half days hand sanding through 5 layers of guide and build primer. After that stuff, the paint room and spray job were a walk in the park.
LOL
Paul G.
69 XR7 Convertible
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

PS-did I forget to mention the stone driveway solo insall of the C6 trans

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Paul I know about changing those 9" pigs firsthand. When I was still racing we would have to change one every time we went to a different track. Sometimes 3 times a weekend. No wonder my back still hurts all the time even now. MM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts