Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine - believe it to be located in Boise, ID. Seems a little over priced, but it looks like a manual XR7.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2225667900.html

Date: 2011-02-20, 10:11PM MST
Reply to: [email protected] <sup>[Errors when replying to ads?]</sup>
<hr>
1967 Mercury Cougar PROJECT CAR

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<table summary="craigslist hosted images"><tbody><tr> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh boy, Does that mean That I get to Play with them! I'll offer them an additional 1500 for the trailer! I can come pick it up with my Truck! I will Offer them cash! Oh, and by the way I need my mechanic to look at it. Just exactlly where is it?

What fun!

Lloyd

·
Registered
292 Posts
:evil:Ok here is his response to my e-mail of asking him to call me, I even gave my phone number, any one in texas able to check out the AFB to see if there is really an individual there? YES, I am going to Play with him!

Dana Haltom Staff Sergeant (E-5) U.S. Air Force to me
show details 11:20 PM (5 hours ago)

My 1967 Mercury Cougar GT XR7 390 4V, S code, 4 speed, 3:25 Posi, PS, PDB,original paint
is still for sale for $5,000.00 (purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it fast. Currently I am training in Texas for a multinational peacekeeping mission from Egypt, Sinai Peninsula. Several soldiers, along me will be sent there to calm down the conflicts that take place. I'd like to sell it before I leave as according to the Army, there we will encounter disruptions stemming from the Egyptian government's blocking of commercial Internet and cellular communications.
To conclude this deal in a timely and safe manner, the financial part will be managed by a third party mediator. In this way both, buyer and seller, are 100% covered in this transaction. I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the vehicle before paying me. You will have a 5-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the vehicle or not before they release the funds to me.

Again I want to point out that because I am going to Egypt this sale is my top priority and I am after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why I decided to sell at a low price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer asap.

--
"FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (FOUO) information which must be protected under Privacy Act of 1974 and AFI 33-3332. Do not release outside of DoD channels without the consent of the originator's office. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of the message."
v/r
//SIGNED//
Dana Michelle Haltom
Staff Sergeant (E-5) U.S. Air Force
Randolph AFB, Texas 78148

·
Registered
292 Posts
This is what I just sent him:
Dana
I need to know where the car is so I can go look at it, I also want my mechanic to look it over, Is the trailer also availiable? What about Title? My state does NOT except Bill of Sale as a legal Document, A vehicle MUST have a title. Thank you for your quick reply.
Lloyd

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yep the car is/was in CT. If it really sold or not in the last ebay auction I don't know.

I remember one scam car I emailed and asked about. The person gave me the same type story. Only that the car was crated for shipping and could not be seen. Who the hell crates a car for shipping??? LOL.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It is a She not a He! I am still waiting for a response to the mail I sent this morning. If follows true to form, I will get an answer late this evening. Like I said, anyone close to the AFB to see if "she" really exists. (Randolph AFB, Texas 78148) Perhaps if she does exist and it is real we could get it sold for her. hhhmmm....
Dana Haltom Staff Sergeant (E-5) U.S. Air Force Email address used: [email protected]

·
Banned
89 Posts
i just called the base 210-565-5004 there is no enlisted person on that base under that name, and no AFB record, surprised right lol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just noticed that the picture did not post, not sure how to do that. If all bogus, wondering if the person in the pic could go after poster for impersonation?
still have not heard back, probably be in my in box in the AM, will post if they return my mail!
Lloyd

1 - 20 of 41 Posts