Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know there is a book out there to get this info because I cannot find it anywhere online, but I was hoping someone could tell me, if they have the book or know another source, how many 1969 XR-7 Hardtops were MeadowLark Yellow with the S Code 390 and C6?

Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
There were three yellows in 1969-Yellow, Bright Yellow and Light Ivy Yellow but not one called Meadowlark Yellow.

The Cougar...by the Numbers book will tell you how many of each color were produced in each body style and with which interior trim but will not tell you how many with each engine & transmission. You'll have to purchase the Marti Report to get that level of detail.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Kujo, here's the link to the website where you can purchase The Cougar By The Numbers book and the Marti Report that Jeff mentions: www.martiauto.com/index.cfm . John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were three yellows in 1969-Yellow, Bright Yellow and Light Ivy Yellow but not one called Meadowlark Yellow.

The Cougar...by the Numbers book will tell you how many of each color were produced in each body style and with which interior trim but will not tell you how many with each engine & transmission. You'll have to purchase the Marti Report to get that level of detail.
I'm not really concerned with a marti report. Just curious is someone had the book and if they would tell me if the numbers were in there.

On to the color thing. I contacted Ford and got my build sheet from them directly, all anyone has to do is call up Ford's Customer Service line and they'll supply anyone with the correct build sheet and every option your car had, the date it was made, even the day for free.

Well basically, in the options it states "Meadowlark Yellow Exterior Paint Color"

If this color was not offered, why was it painted this color? You can still see the color in the trunk. I know Ford used that color on the Torinos in 1969 because I had one Meadowlark yellow.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm not really concerned with a marti report. Just curious is someone had the book and if they would tell me if the numbers were in there.

On to the color thing. I contacted Ford and got my build sheet from them directly, all anyone has to do is call up Ford's Customer Service line and they'll supply anyone with the correct build sheet and every option your car had, the date it was made, even the day for free.

Well basically, in the options it states "Meadowlark Yellow Exterior Paint Color"

If this color was not offered, why was it painted this color? You can still see the color in the trunk. I know Ford used that color on the Torinos in 1969 because I had one Meadowlark yellow.
It is not unusual for there to be mistakes in the report (it is not a buildsheet) that is received from the Ford Customer Service line. They look up the codes and transcribe it over, but are not always aware of the various nuances between models.

In 1969 on a Ford Mustang and Torino paint code "W" was called "Meadowlark Yellor". Paint code "W" on a Mercury Cougar or Cyclone was "Yellow". There were 1,295 XR-7 coupes painted with code "W" in 1969 according to Kevin Marti's "Cougar ...by the Numbers (1969-1973)". The book does not break down by color and engine.
If you want any additional specifics, I would suggest you contact Kevin Marti, http://www.martiauto.com/

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Meadowlark Yellow (paint code W) was the name used on the Mustang and Cougar just used the name Yellow (same paint code, W) in '69. It is basicly the same color. According to CBTNs, there were 1325 '69 XR-7 HT's built with the S code 390-4V and C6 transmission. If you want to know how many cars were built like yours (same paint and interior), just post the paint/trim codes and someone will tell you. John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I don't have the door tag anymore but to my memory the paint code was a W, the body style was 65b and the trim was 6A

Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
OK, I don't have the door tag anymore but to my memory the paint code was a W, the body style was 65b and the trim was 6A

Thanks ya'll.
OK, there were 685 '69 XR-7 HT's built with that paint/trim combo. John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts