Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am trying to install new Procar Elite seats into my 68 and am having one hell of a time. I removed the stock seats and was expecting to use the same hardware(just the bolts for frame to body), however I can't seam to figure out how to remove the bolts from my stock frame. So, do I need to buy new bolts to bolt the Procar frame to the car??

How do I get these bolts off of the old seat frame?? Seat Frame 1.jpg Seat Frame 2.jpg

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Can you just use the whole, original seat frame on the new seats?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you just use the whole, original seat frame on the new seats?
I looked, however the frame is completely different and the sliders on the Procar seat don't match the original frame.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions as to which hardware to use to bolt the new ones down?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I've seen hardware listed for those style after market seats for like a hundred.....Did your seats come with any hardware? Any rails or anything? I think it is a pretty small bolt, it is just "captured" in the stock frame.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have fitted Procar Rally seats in my Mustang, did you buy the adaptors with your seats to suit your cougar.
If not you will have to make up your own bracketing, it cost me $50 for the adaptors and saved me a lot of heartache but I still had to purchase my own bolts to bolt the bracket to the floorpan, I used 8.8 high tensile bolts with seatbelt washers and nyloc nuts.
Cheers Rodney

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i had 1/4 steel plate lasered to a pattern that would allow us to use the orig hples and still mount the seat---kind looked like a "h"----didn't use procar---worked great
doctordesoto

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seats 1.jpg Seats 2.jpg I actually did purchase the adaptors. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best bolts to use to bolt to the floor. I am just not sure if running to the hardware store and picking up the first 3" x 1/2" bolt is a good idea. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Just match the diameter and pitch of the factory bolts with stainless steel or grade 8 hardware from your local store, and you'll be set.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry I just seen your original pictures posted, that's weird because my new adapter came looking like the original which was the stud already attached to frame and all i had to do was bolt the ***** up. Verify that they sent you the correct ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts