Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon checkin' out my new ride.....and playing around to make sure everything works, I found out that both rear quarter windows only roll down like an inch or two at the most. Is this a problem with the regulators? Or would a good lube maybe help these out? I want them to work normally. Anybody have this problem or know exactly what it is?
Thanks in advance for help and feedback!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Remove the trim panel and look inside. The tracks are probably dirty. Clean and lubricate. Try that first.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Like cougar1 said... I just went through adjusting the 1/4s and they were hard to roll up and down as well. After lubing the tracks, they worked great!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine don't like to roll back up all the way. If the left side goes all the way down it won't roll up at all. I had to take off the panels to get it back up again, but didn't see what the major malfunction was so I just leave em up for now...Think I have a regulator problem?

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
quite possibly the regs are bent now seen that a few times. Take em out bang em flat reinstall w/grease and up and down they should go. Catzyalater

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Ray, I'll give it a whirl (that is next time I get up the gumption to pull the panels)...So many projects so little time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts