Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started reworking the image section on the mustang-magic.com site today, and though it's still 'in progress' for the next couple days I figured this latest project car they put together might interest some of you.

http://www.mustang-magic.com/images/gallery/album02

A lot of these pics don't do it justice - I watched the progress weekly when I'd drop by the shop and this is the closest to perfect Cougar I've ever seen. I'd have to say it was almost a religious experience looking at it up close.
There'll be more and better pics coming up there as I get the film developed from the shots I personally took a few months back.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
WoW! I just had about the same religous experience thru the web. It's gorgeous. Mine's in the shop now, but won't come out like that. Gave me some Ideas though. THanks for the info. What are they gonna do with the car? Are they gonna sell it? Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
794 Posts
a.d. -
is that you car? oh, man. That cat is a beauty! My 67 is the same color, but about 1/10th as nice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh how I wish it were mine...

Actually, the car in those pics does belong to a customer of Mustang Magic. What I know of it is that the owner had very much wanted one when they first came out but wasn't able to get one for some reason or other. In recent years he had been amassing an incredible amount of N.O.S. parts with the intent of having that car be rebuilt exactly how it was the day it first rolled off the line.

Granted, there are a couple items that though are not readily visible are also not original stock but you'd be hard pressed to find them just by looking at it. The best part of all - it's a driver, not a trailer queen.

update: I added some pics of mine to the customer car section on there : http://www.mustang-magic.com/images/gallery/album01 I'm still working on integrating the gallery into the current site layout, so it'll not look finished for a couple more days but it sure works better than the old way.

·
Registered
75 Posts
WOW!

those are some NICE cars!

how much does something like that cost - for the total makeover? (like the green '67)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know how much that guy spent on his. I can probably safely assume it was a lot more than what the car is worth in a resale sense, but then again, what are dreams worth when they're made real?

I'm into mine for about $9k now (car included) though it's still a ways to go before it's done.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
They do get expensive expecially when there's sentimental value. Mine's in the body shop right now. $6500 later it shoud be all painted and ready to go. Add another $3500 for floors/cowels/underneath done last year and you're around $10K. Then add the finishing touches, seats reupholstering/rechroming/exgine/tires/rims/bumpers, should be another $5K. So total will be about 15K on mine. But I won't have to do it again, and will I sell it when it's done, NOPE. Been with me thru thick and thin for the past 25 years and was my first car. KNow every piece in and out and the problem sounds. Can't wait to bond with her again. Will keep posting pics. Also, thanks everyone for all your inputs, this board is great!

Sensei69:D

P.S. The gallery pic's look great except for one thin....Where's the cougar emblem on the back!!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The emblems will all come in time. I have most of the missing pieces - but unfortunately the rear side emblems are ruined.

·
Registered
96 Posts
republik, what wheel/tire combonation is that? just wanting to know what sizes and backspacing for future reference on my project car.
bmaker

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
15x7 front, 16x8 back. I'm sorry but off the top of my head I don't know what the backspacing is exactly. I'm considering switching to all 16x7 wheels as I think the 16x8 are a tad wide for the back in comparison to clearance of the wheelwell. 16x7 with 225 50 r16 tires would work out better and still look good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts