Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I finally got started on wvcat. The rr's not out of the garage yet but its a waiting game now. On wvcat I had some spots on my roof where the surface rust came through from the vinyl top I removed 8 or ten years ago. I also have some spots where I patched the holes from the lower vinyl top trim. I had a crack in the quarter where I fixed a dent before and I have to deal with the dent where my daughter coasted her into a mini van at the drag strip(ouch) Thats about it other than some nicks and door dings...not to bad. I got all the sandblasting done today and some primer on the spots. If my digital hadn't broken a couple months ago I would post pics as I go. Here we go again!!!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chuck,
The color is bright atlantic blue, it is a 2002 ford color with metalflake in it and the stripes will be silver but I haven't picked it out yet. The blue is similar to viper blue. Yours is next chuck!!!Are you still thinking yellow eliminator clone?
John
wvcat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm, how much did you pay for the sandblasting?? i am going to rip into the old MG thats into my grandmas garage and i need to blast it first. lots of old paint on it. no rust though!! thats a first for me. no engine and all that in it either. so thats a first as well. hmm, you want to send me some Dupont DP-90 while you are in the paint store?? he he thats illegal in Cali, but damn its good stuff. how about some high VOC clear? and some liquid ebony glaze?? and and and, ,damn i amlost feel like akid in a candy store

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
wv, cant wait to see the new color. Im thinking of an oragne for my cat. I really like the blue your car was, and this new blue just might make me change my mind again. I want to see the finished result.

Steve, it's illegal to use DP 90 in California, what do you use, waterbased paints? Man you have strict air care laws. Move to BC, lol.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
he he h, we cant use anything here... what are you gonna use on the car?? oh yeah, im in the chat if ya wanna join in there. maybe i can pursuade you to send the good stuff this way lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just sandblasted spots on mine, the paint on my car was basically good but I wanted to get the rust out of the spots. It only cost me 6 bucks for a bag of sand. I can't wait to see the new color on the car Rick, it looks good on the car I've seen with it but it was a new car.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
wvcat said:
Yours is next chuck!!!Are you still thinking yellow eliminator clone?
John
wvcat
Sounds like the plan John! IF we are still talking the barter system! If cash on the barrel head then it might be a while. Looking forward to seeing pics of WVCat! Drop me a line if/when ready to make arrangements for ragcat.
Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts