Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 1967 Cougar for sale today for $6900 and was wondering if it was a good deal. It was on a car lot so I know the price was inflated but I need to know what it should be worth. It looked straight and solid. It had some dings, scratches and chips. Look like it had a 289 or 302 in it with a 4BBL. The interior looked good. It has a auto with a full length console. What do ya'll think? Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
519 Posts
$6900 buys a REALLY nice Cougar in my area.
For that price I would expect a rust free car with good chrome.
Mechanically it should be solid and with no immediate need for repairs or replacements.

Get the vin off the dash and/or drivers door and we'll help you decode it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I have a 67 Standard and I would have to say $7000 would be high from a car lot. If you bought a $7000 Cougar from a private party you would be getting a really nice car.
BTW I was pricing them out about a year ago when my car had been in an accident to appease my Insurance co. You would be amazed what people want for a non air stripped car w/ rust. Take time to find the right car because if you get a lemon you will be stuck because no one else will pay what you did. My 2 cents

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
What they said... Also check out www.edmunds.com and used car pricing guide 7000 should get yoiu a rust free,great interior,nice paint kind of cat and your right dealers will usally inflate a price on a classic car depending on the condition... just my .02

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts