1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It appears they sell a lot of units. I note that they are WELDED, not EPOXY. My Griffin was made with epoxy, and it has been a problem.

Sure seems like a great price when everyone else is around $500.00.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Google SILLA RADIATORS. They look like they sell a lot of units, more info when you check out WHO is selling these.

30 day return policy too.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Do a little google checking on Silla rads and read before you buy one. The all aluminum rads seem to be ok but the plastic tank ones not so much. And the lifetime warrenty is really only 2 years some say. I looked at them all a couple years ago. I bought a Northern brand (US made) from Must Unlim for $260. A bit more yes but quality made. Took a couple tweaks to get in my 68 390 car. Very happy with the cooling and quality overall. Silla isn't US made and Modine's name has been sold out as well. Mexico and China made for the most part.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That looks just like the one I got in my car, but mine is Champion. It was NOT just a drop in though. I had to cut some 16ga aluminum plates in order to bolt it in. So far it has worked really well and looks great. Have a look at Champion radiators on ebay. I got mine for 170 with shipping. I assume they get a few returns because it isn't a direct drop in like they say it is, and when they get a return they sell them at a discount.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I also have the champion which looks the same and had to do modification to fit correctly....not a lot but some...cools great on the 428....

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
It appears to be the same radiator I have on my car (mine has pass. side outlet though). My radiator came with a cheap pressed on water neck.

Unfortunately, mine leaked so I had a billet neck tig welded on....
I'd recommend spending a few extra bucks for one with a welded neck.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I purchased a "universal" from Dillon Radiator for $139. They sell the Northern brand. Having to get creative on the hose/routing for the lower one, but, can't beat the price, and I'll be ready for the "in the future" serpentine swap.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 does not mount the same as 68/70---bottom tank is different--you'l need lower mounts and some modifications if this is for you 67--it's worth doing as 67 radiators are usually more expensive--the alum one i got required moving the the rad 5/8 to the right and making a spacer to let the rad go back 1/4 inch--of course this affected the fan shroud--in restrospect , i would have probably been better off with the 3 core copper radiatir and just adding the g-3 alt/spal dual 11" fan/spal pwm fan controler--might have saved the price and head aches of the alum radiator---also,the lower outlet on the alum rad is not long enough to be used with a stock shroud and the drain cock sat on the x-member so you could'n turn it--other than that mrs.lincoln ,how was the play
doctordesoto

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I'm looking at a new radiator for my kids 70 XR7. It's a W car, with A/C...If I Can get a new one for under three hundred delivered, that will be good enough. I'll google silla radiators, and see what comes up..

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
That looks just like the one I got in my car, but mine is Champion. It was NOT just a drop in though. I had to cut some 16ga aluminum plates in order to bolt it in. So far it has worked really well and looks great. Have a look at Champion radiators on ebay. I got mine for 170 with shipping. I assume they get a few returns because it isn't a direct drop in like they say it is, and when they get a return they sell them at a discount.
My Champion bolted right in. No mods necessary. I also got their electric fan kit. I found out later you need to by a thermostat kit to turn the fan on and off. It seem to work fine for the 1/2 hour I have had it running.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
the alum eadiator i spoke of also had a formed (not fabricated ) top tank--i also painted the top tank and side "channels"--they recomended not painting the fins---looks almost stock---p/s notice how short the bottom tube is in the above picture--the shroud takes up about 1" of that tube --leaving almost nothing to clamp to
doctordesoto

1 - 17 of 17 Posts