Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a replacement for the power window switches found on a 69 cougar? originals are very hard to find and I seem to run into the same problems with used ones that I have now.

Gary

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Gary Thtas a negative there big guy on replacement switches.Do you realize they are easy to repair?As long as the finger inside is not broken you should be able to clean up the contacts and save $$ in the processs.You also need the little clips that hold the black plastic piece to the switch it self.They are the same clips used on the XR7 switches in the dash center.The 7 of 8 switches are all the same so you may be able to move some around that don't work as well.If you do find any replacements I would like to know about please let me know.Best O luck Ray:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
switches

Thanks for the reply Ray. I have a switch apart, but am trying to figure out how to clean the lower contacts. Can the contact assembly be removed from the black housing?

Thanks Gary

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
The contacts are riveted to the plastic piece I think So either grind em or drill em or get a flat points file bend the end insert between the contacts and press points together while drawing the file thru.you also could use some sand paper of not too course a paper.Should be able to check continuity with an ohm meter.OK Ray:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts