·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Dave-

A few of us from south Florida are going. I'll be bringing my '70 convertible. See ya in Nashville. We'll be getting there Thursday evening...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'll be driving my 70 with the T/A paint scheme.

I'll be there on thursday night too.
See you there!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Next year for me, I am still putting it together.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I figure by the time they take it through CA again, my car will be ready.

I can only imagine how much gas I'd use going on a tour like that though, what with my 4.11's I want and all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah

I want to goto the power tour but i'm not sure if my car can handle the 3,000 mile trip i would have to make. and second, i dont think i can rent a hotel room cause i'm 19 so i would probably end up sleeping in my car or at a campsite probably.-which would save money somewhat. -thats my problem.

-Dave

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I normally run 3:50 gears and I even step down to 3:00's when I go on those tours. (Have an AOD in the works now...) You never really have to worry about running out of gas though because they plan the stops about every 100 miles or so. Plus, now they kind of let you plan your own agenda for the day whereas the first few years, they wanted to keep everyone in one big group. That made things pretty darn interesting...

If anyone wants, I can explain "the slinky effect" in a later post.

DK, you wouldn't be the first person to sleep in your car or to camp. A lot of people go the low budget route. You wouldn't be alone and it's also a good way to meet new friends.

Everyone who's going, have a great time!! I envy all of you.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts