Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to yank the power steering setup on my 67 and install a manual setup. I have a 16:1 box, and the required muscle to turn the wheel.

My question is what other cars/years used the manual drag link I need for the conversion?

Was the cougar even offered w/ manual steering, or Should I just look for a 67-68 drag link for mustang?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Check some Mustang-Cougar vendors, as they make a conversion joint that threads on your existing drag link!! I think Mustangs Unlimited carries them. mm

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark. I have seen the adapter, and I think it goes for around 120$. The new manual "center link" from MU is around
90$.

I just wanted to get some info about what other cars used the same manual "center" or "drag" link as my 67 would. So I can look at some salvage yards.
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
you also need to change the pitman arm and idler arm for that. I thought about it to, I bought the conversion, alot cheaper and less work. The tie-rods are the same.
Now I found a good NOS p/s set-up for the fairlane. Box and all. Love the power now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts