Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cougar back from the shop around the beginnig of this year. I installed long tube headers, and I had to install a bracket for the power steering so that the headers could fit. Well, one of the power steering lines crosses right near the headers, and when I was driving it on the freeway to a paint shop (about an hour and a half on the freeway), the line burst when I got there and spit steering fluid all over the headers, generating quite a bit of smoke. I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this problem, and what is the best way of fixing it. thanks :1zhelp:

·
Registered
889 Posts
custom made

go to a truck shop and have a hose made so you can rerout it.We get a coulpe of hoses made every now and the for a case loader.Be sure to bring the ends with you so they can match them up.I wouldnt make i to long though. Dan

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Re: custom made

dan said:
I wouldnt make i to long though. Dan
yup, dont make it too long, mine hang a bit low, so i blow a hose every few months. i put some chaffing collor on them this time and havent blown one in about 8 months now. i feel lucky lol . over rises in the road and stuff they will still drag on the ground though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
CrazyCat...since I have no idea what I am looking at in your picture and I have a rather large puddle of fluid on my garage floor...can you elaborate???

I think I want what I see...:)

Ken

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oops...I checked your web site and found out that it is what I should have but cannot. My wife would never drive the cat without power steering...:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
ok, I understand. If my wife was driving the cat and had a say in it, I would not have manual steering. I love the manual steering and it doesnt bother me at all. (the extra muscle required that is)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts