Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
They were a sort of metallic blue / green. Any of the repro part vendors sell a spray can of the correct color. Black is also acceptable under CCOA rules.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The color is a Med. Blue Poly. I had a quart made at PPG.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
It almost looks like a teal.... kinda strange but original

Don

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Be aware
when ordering a pump from mustangs unlimited that the line from the pump to the cylinder is different from the original. The original you screw it into the back as to a repo you screw the line into to the back of the pump. I know it sounds weird but my power steering pump was making funny noises and i knew it was on its way out so i changed it, and when i seen the difference in the back i had to order a new line. Come to find out the bend in the line was also different then the original. So what did i do? I cut the end off of the original and cut the end off of the repo to get the pressure fitting and flared the end of the original and there ya have it a correct bend w/ a new fitting
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
A 351C came with the pump style that requires a flared line. The earlier smallblocks needed an inverted flare line. Is this what you are making reference to?

If you're a Cleveland owner you should have the flared line to be "correct" if you care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts