Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an pics of the routing of the hoses to the power steering cylinder? Preferably a front view looking under the car. I want to make sure I have those pesky pwr steering pump metal ends routed correctly so they don't break like I remember way in the past. Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I found this pic in my p/s file, don't know if it will help at all.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost. I need to see how the uppermost one is run. I think I can see it in your pic but not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
This is a pic from my car, not quite sure if its routed right, someone will have to verify it, many odd things were done to her before we got her.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
zoom of the first pic

·
Registered
885 Posts
To tell you the truth, Steve, the routing looks stock. It's the hoses which don't. These don't look like the stock hoses (much too long). If that is the case, routing them like the stock hoses isn't going to accomplish what you want it to.

Steve C.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
By the zoomed pic, it looks as if there are 2 hoses on the top of the pic that both go under the pitman arm. I know the hose that is further near the pass door goes under, but not sure of the top one that's a B..ch to get at.

Steve

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Maybe this one will help, this is Bob's one.
Steve C, the hoses on the 2nd pic are not stock, they are the PO's version of what the hoses should be, one of them is fuel line, since replaced with hydraulic hose.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's it. Thanks and now to try and get the little baby in. Will have a pic in the photo gallery soon to show progress. Thanks again

Steve:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts