Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the local AutoStore and picked up the required things.. .cheapie floor mats, smelly foofoo can and some paint. I leave the place, get to about 40mph and some idiot pulls out of a driveway right in front of me. Naturally he freaks and STOPS right where he is, like a deer in headlights... so he's sitting there, staring at me through his giant black sunglasses as I'm breaking fast and the tires are just starting to slide a little.... I stop about 5 feet from him, he smiles, waves, and pulls out!!!! WHY o' WHY did I leave the house without my 9mm??????

Anyways... glad I changed tires last weekend, the old ones wouldn't have grabbed and I would have been looking for front end parts. Would have been his fault for failure to make sure it was clear when leaving from a stop/driveway/etc... been there, done that, they paid the damage on the truck.. :)

Hm ok, I think I'm better now... again, power drums actually work.. I'm impressed... however, that whole bench seat thing? where the passenger seatback flings forward? that's a little un-nerving.... :(

Ramble Complete... please proceed to next topic:

Robert

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Robert, glad your adventure turned out all right! Drum brakes in good condition are much better than most give credit for. Now as for why you left without the 9, my guess is its illegal to out on the left coast? mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts