Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building my own powder coating oven. I work at a store that's going out of business and picked up a free store display and with a dual element 2000W hot plate and a couple sheets of sheet metal its done, except for painting the front and back panels and completely wrapping it with a/c fiberglass board. There are some pics of it on my website...http://cougarrestoration.weebly.com/

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Pretty cool Frankie - I thought about picking up a freebie one from a curbside pickup for doing this - looks like yours has a bit more room than average stove would!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WOW - looks good - Eastwood or HF stuff?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harbor...with the sheet metal, duct board, powder and gun I have a little over a hundred in it. The display and hot plate courtesy of my work place. I was surprised how easy it was to do. I could have put a little more powder on it to smooth out some of the rust pits, but I'm happy with it. I will be ripping off parts and powder coating everything now.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Very neat I did not realize a hot plate got that hot...Where did you get the fiberglass boards? I think I may build one of those...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts