Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was looking thru some old 3-1/2 floppy discs (old tech) and found some pics of our 70 XR7 vert. Took a few minutes and created a new album with them. We've had the honor of owning & enjoying this survivor Cat since 1995. The Cougar was originally sold & purchased new in Beverly Hills, CA buy a woman named:

Helen Probasco
415 North Oakhurst
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Do any of you Golden State residents remember seeing this Cougar roaming the streets of Beverly Hills back in the 80's? The Cougar would have been equipped with its original XR7 wheel covers in those days. I have much of the original documentation and many service work receipts for this car, from when new & while in CA. Helen faithfully had this Cat's mechanical needs serviced at:

Al Grimmet & Sons Service
(Complete Automotive Repair Service)
9953 Santa Monica, Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Do any of you know of this service center? Is it still in business and operate as a Shell gasoline retailer? Just curious. Meanwhile... I think I'll load these pics to a CD for a little safer storage; LOL. The photos of our 70 XR7 Vert can be found and viewed in "My Albums" and here is a direct link: http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/album.php?albumid=434. We might actually roll the odometer over the 60K mark this Summer. But, a couple months of cold & snow need to pass by for now...

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I don't have any information for you but that's a very pretty car. I can't recall ever seeing a black over red 70 XR7 convertible before. Very striking!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Nice looking Cat.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
A big Thumbs Up !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Not a big fan of the 70 but yours is very nice ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts