·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Got a few more new ones...

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Mark, with the raised hood & the rear spoiler it almost gives the illusion of a chopped roof.
Awesome pics of one of my favorite cars to look at.

Will

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yes, I want to know all about that center hood section too. I'm doing the exact same thing to my car since I have a hilborn scoop backwards-style for cowl induction.

It looks like a reverse-pancake sorta thing. Did you just cut the length of the hood on the body line and then add triangle shapes, then finish the back end off with that ducktail looking piece?
Maybe some fabbing process pics? :wave: pretty please?

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That story is awesome. I've certainly had experiences like that in the booth, but it's been on customers' brand new $130 Mercedes. I found this pic through a link, and I didn't realize the scoop was so wide. I always thought it was the 10-12 inches wide like the factory body line. That's what I'm hoping for. Definitely steel, though. You've done a very nice job on your car, Hero.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Here's my 68 XR7

Attachments

·
Contributing Member
1,880 Posts
This is one of my favorites

<TABLE id=AutoNumber1 cellSpacing=1 borderColorDark=#000000 width="50%" bgColor=#f9f4b9 borderColorLight=#000000 border=2><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Jan, today I googled "68 Cougar" and your beutiful Cat was the very first thing which came up.

Will

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Nice pics, Garey! Sometime in the last year or so Blair's painted the outside of their building, so all the cool logos and stuff are now gone, just a small Blair's logo remains.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hey Jan, today I googled "68 Cougar" and your beutiful Cat was the very first thing which came up.

Will
Wow really ? Nice :ylsup:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
exceptional, Ken!

Looking like your ready for the shows as well! Black interior? Auto?? Hows the interior look??
Thanks for sharing and very nice 68!:smoke:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Response to JB

The interior is 100% original. The seats don't have a crack in them ( previous owner kept the leather soft with saddle soap). The carpet is original and has always had mats. Both are Dark Ivy Gold - really dark green. It is a c4 automatic. I'll add a few inside pics tomorrow.

Ken

·
Registered
577 Posts
The interior is 100% original. The seats don't have a crack in them ( previous owner kept the leather soft with saddle soap). The carpet is original and has always had mats. Both are Dark Ivy Gold - really dark green. It is a c4 automatic. I'll add a few inside pics tomorrow.

Ken
sounds like a beautiful car...cant wait to see the interior pics!! Engine bay is spectacular!!!:eek2:

101 - 120 of 688 Posts