Mercury Cougar Owners banner

41 - 60 of 688 Posts

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Post some pics Hero, I love your car. Now we just need Basil ( Red Hoss). Basil ,I want some burn out photos!
Edited my previous post.

NICE Barn by the way.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My fav pict

My 69 SS in White and Fordnut's Vert at a local Mustang Show earlier this year.

·
6,980 Posts
I like this picture of my Cougar

Thanks Blitz :wave: , Maroon Monster is OK, I mostly call it Lazarus.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
And Zoli wonders why I give him crap about his "Trailer Queen!" It's even his favorite picture of the car...:1poke:

Here's how they're supposed to look.... AT SPEED.

Photo Credit: Tracy Stocker
Mark, I can't find a car fast enough to keep up and get a good picture of my car on the road. Holding the car down on a trailer provided the only good photo op. Maybe you can bring the Hero to So. Cal and you can try to keep up and take a pciture of me?:flamer:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
That is Deep Jewl Green Pearl Metallic, has a blue tint to it, it is a factory FoMoCo color from '95 up.

The suspension is actually pretty cheap (under $300) if you can find a vendor to piece it together for you, 620 1" drop springs, SHIMMED lower ball joints, and I made a template out of an old road sign to raise the upper control arms 1", gave a total of 3" drop. I got all the stuff from Dallas Mustang or Branda I think, takes a whole day if you're nursing your beer. Be sure to get the shims for the BJ's, failure to do so putts a hella sideways strain on them. I also switched to polygraphite bushings and slapped a 1" sway bar on it I picked up for $20 at a swap meet. No squeaks and it goes where you point it.

Do you have any bottoming out? what about headers?
You say that you "Raised the upper control arms"? Your supposed to lower them.
Do you have a full picture of the side of the car?

·
Registered
645 Posts
This one is my favorite from when I last drove it.

This one is the best showing my lack of progress. 20 years of dust doesnt do anything good.

This one is my favorite since I made it red again. I want to drive again soon, its been far too long.

Wish mine looked as good as the others in here..

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
How low do you go? I'd pull it out and get some better pics, but, umm, it umm, doesn't *cough* run. I put a visual aid in there for ya, tasted good!
Ah... I see you are drinking Belgium's finest! :1poke:

BTW, I do like the stance on the car, but do you have tire-rubbing probs?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ah... I see you are drinking Belgiums finest! :1poke:

BTW, I do like the stance on the car, but do you have tire-rubbing probs?
No rubbing problems with 215's, comes pretty close, but I've hammered the hell outta it in some corners when it *cough* was running, no cuts or worn paint. I love the drop! Do you like my valence panel where we had a little transportation issue getting it from my mom's house a couple weeks ago? That's the only bad thing about it, car haulers don't like it. Oh well, goes in for re-paint same color this winter. Had 2 rock chips in it, untolerable! Best friend owns a body shop. He said $1600 for a VIP re-paint when I said he could put a sticker on the back window.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Do you have any bottoming out? what about headers?
You say that you "Raised the upper control arms"? Your supposed to lower them.
Do you have a full picture of the side of the car?
I'm off Wednesday, I'll pull a wheel and snap a couple pics for you. Hell, I did it back in 2000, factory holes are still there. If I can find the template, which I think is in the glovebox, I'll snap a pic of it for you too. No bottoming out, will make you wince at speed bumps.

EDIT: Must have lowered, raising would geometrically raise the car up. duh. All was done via info found through Branda Shelby.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Mark, I can't find a car fast enough to keep up and get a good picture of my car on the road. Holding the car down on a trailer provided the only good photo op. Maybe you can bring the Hero to So. Cal and you can try to keep up and take a pciture of me?:flamer:
Z,

If you drove your car like I do, you'd know how much of a head start to give the camera car.

:evil:

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Z,

If you drove your car like I do, you'd know how much of a head start to give the camera car.

:evil:
Ahhhhhh, a head start... now why didn't I think of that. Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
708 Posts
That is Deep Jewl Green Pearl Metallic, has a blue tint to it, it is a factory FoMoCo color from '95 up.

The suspension is actually pretty cheap (under $300) if you can find a vendor to piece it together for you, 620 1" drop springs, SHIMMED lower ball joints, and I made a template out of an old road sign to raise the upper control arms 1", gave a total of 3" drop. I got all the stuff from Dallas Mustang or Branda I think, takes a whole day if you're nursing your beer. Be sure to get the shims for the BJ's, failure to do so putts a hella sideways strain on them. I also switched to polygraphite bushings and slapped a 1" sway bar on it I picked up for $20 at a swap meet. No squeaks and it goes where you point it.

Do you have any excessive side loading on your shocks? It seems like the tops of the shocks would be pushed too far inboard. Did you have any problems getting it aligned? What did you do to lower the rear? Reverse eye leaf springs?

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Out here in Southern California we have a guy who can align any configuration of the Cougar suspension: Marlon......

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
This is of course not my cat but WOW! Really am impressed with it. Robin stopped by this AM on his way home from the show in CA to pick a bunch of parts and 13 hoods for use in his Extreme G hood we will be marketing for him. He unloaded his car and somehow I got him to give me a ride. A real honor since he said not even his twin brother has been for a ride and he has never "fully" got on it like he did this AM. I was amazed that he could pump it once (cold) turn the key and it started with no fuss! He backs it out of the trailer, shuts the door and it just sits there and idles perfectly... After we all ew and ah for the appropriate amount of time we head down the road in front of my shop. This thing hooks up pronto, no wheel hop or long burn out just GO! The G force meter on the dash really worked and we pegged it in at least 2 gears. The two speed rear gives you 4:11 gears and 2:98 gears when you hit 100mph. Robin says it is good for 170 MPH but I never did get the nerve to look how fast we might be going... Like a dumb a** I get in and see these fancy Shelby belts attached to the roll bar and figure "oh, I don't want to mess with his stuff, I'll just sit on them..." Somewhere past 100mph I am thinking "great, I am going to die whilst sitting on the very best seat belts money can buy..."

Click on images to enlarge.

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

41 - 60 of 688 Posts