Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. First of all I'm not the seller nor do I even know the owner. Here's the story:

While in NC this week, a guy at a hobby shop told me of an eliminator that was for sell for $3500. It was a good little way out of my way, but I tracked the car down to check it out, hoping I was going to find a '70 e-cat in my potential price range. No one was home and the car was locked so all I was able to get was the VIN which I gave to Phil. Several others at the yahoo sight seem to think this really is a eliminator,(eliminator 'only' comp orange, vin number only 2 digits away from a verified eliminator, compatibable engine/tranny to eliminator combos), but it needs further investigating. The cat was rough. It had current NC tags and inspection sticker, but had a fair amount of rust in the usual places. (Didn't check underneath for floor pans). It is comp orange with body color scoop and spoiler that looked to be original. It had a faded eliminator stripe, but not placed exactly where it should be. Interior was very rough with ripped seats, no headliner. The car is a 351 4V with a 3 speed. There was what appeared to be an old for sale sign in the floor board that had an asking of $5500 on it. Anyways, if this is a true eliminator with a price of $3500 or less, I might be interested, but it is probably beyond my expertise and budget at this moment, plus I really want a '70 'someday'. If anyone is interested, I will be going down that way again Christmas day and would be glad to try and get more info. Just e-mail me or let me know.
Chuck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two 70 Eliminators for sale...

Ragcat,
There are two 70 Eliminators for sale on the CCOA site posted 12/11/02. Go to 'www.cougarclub.org' and see >Classifieds>Cars for Sale.

Later,

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx John, but 11 and 15 thou are just a little out of my range. (by about 8 to 10 thou LOL!!!)
chuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
More info on 69 Eliminator

I contacted the gentlemen who owns the car. Here is additional info: He has owned the car since 1970 when he bought the car with 4K miles. He now has 110K. It is a no option Eliminator – no power steering, no power brakes, and no A/C. It has the Décor interior, but is missing the clock in the dash and cannot remember where he put it. Doors need to be replaced and, as the pictures indicate the door glass reglued. The car runs and is driveable. He is asking $4800.

Semper Fi,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
69SCODE:
As soon as they get approved, they are in the photo gallery.

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts