Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, the Cougar Club of New England (CCoNE) is currently talking with the CCOA about hosting a Cougar Nationals East in 2015. There are still decisions to be made, so nothing is final yet, but I'd like to use this forum to get member perspective on a couple of those decisions.

Decision #1 (The date): We are currently targeting Columbus Day weekend (October 10 & 11) even though it doesn't fall within the traditional car show season for our neck of the woods. But the weather during that part of October is usually good and it is right around the height of fall foliage.

The question is this - how many of you would come to New England for a national show and, of those who would, how many would come that weekend? The venue is the Sturbridge Host Hotel, which is well-acquainted with hosting national car shows. Sturbridge is at the intersection of I-84 and I-90.

Decision #2 (the cost): For those who would attend that weekend, what room rate would you be expecting? What registration fee? What banquet cost?

We need to determine if hosting this show is feasible. At Carlisle, there was a lot of enthusiasm from the NJ/PA and Delmarva members who were present. We are also assuming this show would bring out a good percentage of New England Cougar owners, both club members and non-members, but we need a larger sample size to reach a truly informed conclusion.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
I think it's a great idea Bill and I for one would love to make the drive up with Isabel (assuming I don't F' my body up like I did this year!). As for what would be reasonable rates, we'd love to see a pet friendly hotel (realize we may be in the minority on this one) and the cost is secondary to the level of amenity (in other words we like posh!). Again, we might be in the minority on this but we like nice accommodations.

Part of the reason for a 5 speed in Isabel was to branch out in what events we could attend. This year did not work out so well in this regard but we have high hopes for 2015...

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I just joined Cougar Club of NE today and plan on joining CCOA next, so my perspective might be irrelevant; but I would definitely attend that weekend!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, I saw your membership notice come through so welcome and thanks for joining up! Cindy Ghizzi will be contacting you soon with a new member packet. Cindy is the proud owner of a '72 XR-7 convertible so I'm sure the two of you will plenty to talk about.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bill, Gavin Schlesinger has done an amazing job of putting together the Western Regional show. It is actually sold out! He has created a good template for shows that might save you folks a ton of work... no need to reinvent the wheel. In speaking with Gavin he has offered to share this with you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Bill - I doubt if I could get the Cougar there but I plan on attending.

I'll also do my best to help out with the t-shirts.

- Phillip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts