Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from friends today telling me their son has two 1st gen cats and a shed full of parts. They said he just wants them out of his barn. I hope to go see them tomorrow.

I have been trying to find a way to start a restomod and this maybe it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
two eh??? he he he... any chance one of them runs?? or is able to run without too much of a hassle?? he he he...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea but they are reportedly complete. The Swamper wouldn't run when I got it either. I'm not looking to hury the next project. I have to get son through batchelors before I can focus money on an other car.

·
Registered
794 Posts
swamper,
how much are you forking out to put your son though school.
I come from a family that had just enough money to pay the bills.
So for me, I was out to fend for myself.

I have about 4 friends that have batchelors and masters, and they ended up working retail sales at an electronics store.

Makes me wonder if it is worth all of the cash?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have committed to tuition & books plus maintaining car paying gas and will feed him if he lives at home. The bottom line 7,000 or so a year.

The caugar are not what I was expecting. Not 1st gen, they are 3rd gen. 71 xr7 with shed containing parts from second 71. The other car is 73. There is 351C 2v with reportedly 4to5,000 miles. Front damage to 71 but clip there, rear damage to 73 from being pushed with back hoe. The front suspension has been redone on 71 as well as brakes. He pulled both cars out of barn this year and are now in open. I'm going to offer $500 and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts