Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes!! Bought lots of good deals. People say swap meets are dyeing, partly true but not the case this year.

Bought:
428. CJ intake manifold. $25
428 CJ valve covers. $90
427 pent roof valve covers. $30
289 Cobra valve covers. $65
68-9 Mustang/Torino hoodscoop. $40
NOS Cobra emblems for Torino. 8 at $10 each
New 68 wheels. $60 set
65 Mustang console plastic. $20
65 Fastback interior. (Enough for 3 cars) $185

SOLD:
3. 30 Model A doors. $330. (Free w/roadster)
69-70 Cougar Eliminator hoodscoop. $100. (Paid 20 at Redmond swap meet)
67 Mustang fastback roof console. $40. (Paid 30. Rough condition))
57 Corvette hubcap. $10. (Free from a ford guy's scrap pile)
30 coupe rear fenders. $25. (Free w/roadster. Rogh rat rod condition)

Just some of the highlights. Many many other deals happened but these were the ones I could remember. Made money and bought cheap, so get off the couch and go to swap meets. Forget ebay and its high prices. Lots of deals out there. If you prefer ebay.....great more deals for me. :)

What did you buy or sell for those that went??

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Looks likew you did well. Wish I had the weekend off from work. Always like the Portland swap meets. Monrow swap meet is coming soon.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Autolite 4100 Carburetor with 1.19" venturi. Only found on the 1958 Mercury "383 High Torque". Ultra rare, and a really nice core carburetor with all moving parts. $45.00.

1970 Mustang 4 speed console insert, good used. $2.00.

Car Craft Magazine May 2006 $0.25. Features the 1969 Cougar Sport Special owned by Steve S. aka sixt9coug.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
1954 Mercury 2 dr hardtop, mostly complete $275 delivered! You know you got it bad when you buy stuff you have no use for , no space for and no plan of ever doing anything with just because it was cheap...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1954 Mercury 2 dr hardtop, mostly complete $275 delivered! You know you got it bad when you buy stuff you have no use for , no space for and no plan of ever doing anything with just because it was cheap...
Don.....its called a disease. Car disease. Lol. They need AA for us car guys. My friend always asks me. "Does cheap make it good?" I don't know the answer and probably never will. Lol. :) Good score!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autolite 4100 Carburetor with 1.19" venturi. Only found on the 1958 Mercury "383 High Torque". Ultra rare, and a really nice core carburetor with all moving parts. $45.00.

1970 Mustang 4 speed console insert, good used. $2.00.

Car Craft Magazine May 2006 $0.25. Features the 1969 Cougar Sport Special owned by Steve S. aka sixt9coug.
Nice!! I saw that console plate too but I passed because....I don't know why. Maybe because I don't have a 70, but still a great deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks likew you did well. Wish I had the weekend off from work. Always like the Portland swap meets. Monrow swap meet is coming soon.
I hope you canfind some good deals at Monroe. It is a great meet. I will be there too. :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sounds like you did good. Love them SWAP MEETS.

Speaking of DISEASE, some of us OLD guys get FURNITURE'S DISEASE, yep, that's when your CHEST falls down into your DRAWERS.

I can't wait for swap meets to start here in SNOW COUNTRY, got to 79 here yesterday, but going down to 39 tonight, Can't win.............

Go Butler Dawg's......just maybe. 4400 students, 84% finish college, and team voted SMARTEST team in USA a couple weeks ago.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I went. Didn't buy anything, but then I have nothing to put parts on :-(

However, I DID get a FREE ... horseshoe! LOL! Guy had a few of them on his table and I thought my daughter would like one - she's 9 and has the "Horse Disease" that all young girls seem to have. Anyhow, the vendor fellah told me to just take it after I told him I couldn't afford a whole horse for my daughter, but the least I could do is get her a horseshoe :)

Man, I havent' walked that much is years though! I was sore the rest of the weekend. Must be getting old :-/

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went. Didn't buy anything, but then I have nothing to put parts on :-(

However, I DID get a FREE ... horseshoe! LOL! Guy had a few of them on his table and I thought my daughter would like one - she's 9 and has the "Horse Disease" that all young girls seem to have. Anyhow, the vendor fellah told me to just take it after I told him I couldn't afford a whole horse for my daughter, but the least I could do is get her a horseshoe :)

Man, I havent' walked that much is years though! I was sore the rest of the weekend. Must be getting old :-/
Yeah, I walked a few miles too..... I was at the swap meet from Wednesday through Sunday. Walked around the race track probably six times and through the pits a dozen. Then walked the Expo grounds at least three or four times.

It's weird to go back to 'normal' life. Safeway and Texaco don't dicker on their prices, they also don't go for package deals for a cheaper price. My lawn sure grew a foot or two while I was gone, more walking this week around the yard will happen for sure with the mower. :)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
We are supposed to have our first one here in Idaho this weekend, the 9th. I have a lot of stuff to try and move, but if I don't see some good weather coming, I'm not going to drag all my stuff out there....Definitely time for the woodsnake to have a SALE SALE SALE! All un-needed cougar parts must go!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts