Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my Portland Swap Meet vendor spaces and passes in the mail. Can't wait!! 3 weeks away from today!!! The Portland swap meet is always my Christmas! Just in time to blow my tax refund away on more junk.

Who else is going???

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
We're gonna be going to Portland a lot this month. Next weekend (the 18th through 20th) Jim and Elaine Pinkerton will have her prize winning '34 Sedan at the Portland Roadster show. I figure you'll be goin with?? :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're gonna be going to Portland a lot this month. Next weekend (the 18th through 20th) Jim and Elaine Pinkerton will have her prize winning '34 Sedan at the Portland Roadster show. I figure you'll be goin with?? :)
Sure.....eh.....maybe(Monroe Swap Meet that weekend), I haven't been to the Portland Roadster show in years. It would be nice to go to. For so long, they had way too many of the same cars year after year, so I stopped going. The Flywheels are probably going to do 'security', so we might be able to get in for free. :)

I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve(when it comes to swap meets)......I can't stand waiting for the swap meet(so many good deals to tackle). I guess I will be in the shop throwing junk in the pickup to help make up a booth every night for three weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I'll be there. Gee, I hope that it doesn't rain. LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there. Gee, I hope that it doesn't rain. LOL
Haha.....good luck! I hope it doesn't either. In the last couple of years we have had decent weather. I have been there when it was a completely washout, but the meet is still good regardless.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Sure.....eh.....maybe(Monroe Swap Meet that weekend), I haven't been to the Portland Roadster show in years. It would be nice to go to. For so long, they had way too many of the same cars year after year, so I stopped going. The Flywheels are probably going to do 'security', so we might be able to get in for free. :)

I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve(when it comes to swap meets)......I can't stand waiting for the swap meet(so many good deals to tackle). I guess I will be in the shop throwing junk in the pickup to help make up a booth every night for three weeks.
We've GOT to get you a girlfriend!! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's on the calendar ofr me and Copy Cat, and yes I hope it doesn't rain

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've gone to the Portland meet several times and never make it over to PIR. This year I was thinking about going to PIR, any thought, what might differ?
Brad

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Some really good deals at PIR. More of the flea market crowd over there, seasoned pros at the EXPO so less deals. Generalization of course. We have a really cool video planned for the event. Hint, the meet takes place on April 1, LOL!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PIR starts March 31 for the public, but it starts March 30 for vendors. I have booths at both meets so we have a place to store our bought goods, rest, and have cooler to save money from buying at the consession stand. We also sleep in our trailer at PIR to save on hotels and driving back and forth each day. Truly the entire experience is one of the best swap meet weekends west of the Mississsippi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts