Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a new ported vacuum switch on the thermostat housing on my 68 302 2v
cougar. The hoses were hooked up wrong previously after looking at the manual. There are 3 ports on this vacuum switch.One goes to the intake manifold tree. One to the distributor
But I am not sure and cant find what goes on the bottom port . It shows a filter
that is on this port in the manual. Can any one post a pic and or explain this to me and where I can get one?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll see what I can dig up. I still have the Mitchell manuals from the early 1970s, along with a ton of information about original vacuum-controlled emissions stuff. Knew it would come in handy one day.

edit:

According to 1968 IMCO emission setup, there is a filter shown as you described it. I've seen filters like that before, a long time ago. No photos tho. Sintered metal filter of bronze color, looks like a tiny little sponge of cylindrical shape; about the size of the first distal phalange of your index finger.

Say, you aren't exactly crazy about concourse? ... cause, I think those could be hard to come by...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts