Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will you all welcome our new sponsor POR-15 to the site. I emailed Adam last week, and ask about joining our family here so he could help out all of us with questions and concerns of there product, and he said YES!!!! Let all make him, and POR-15, feel welcome, and lets get him busy answering some questions you may have.

Thanx again Adam.

Rick

·
11,000 Posts
I use the stuff, it is a great product. Anyone who lives in a wet area would be saving future problems by painting their floor pans with this stuff to prevent future rust out problems.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've never seen the stuff. Is it available in Holland as well, or is it under another name then?

Thanks,
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Great stuff. My Brother in Law got me going on it when he did his 56 Ford PU bed with it. A definite thumbs up!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've never heard of it!! But, it's on my list, I'm going to be replacing my carpet soon, and am going to line the floor with it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Great stuff welcom Adam

A little of that stuff goes along way So heres my first question for Adam-Adam When will POR-15 start coming out in a spray can?It says on the can you can spray it but the way that stuff sticks and dries I dont want to toss my spray gun out after I use it.I would rather toss the can.:)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, Logan opened up a forum section for questions to POR-15. Lets fill it up guys.

Rick

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hello all!

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!

To answer a few quick questions:

Gulf00 wanted to know if this stuff is available in Holland.

It is available in Europe from the following distributors -
Germany - http://www.hoeseler-por15.com/
U.K. - http://www.frost.co.uk/

Unfortunately, POR-15 qualifies as a hazardous material when being shipped. I don't know what it's like crossing borders in Europe, but here in the US our deliveries passing through Canada on their way to Alaska are suspect. (and because POR-15 is a hazardous material it can only be shipped via ground no matter where its going).

As for POR-15 in spray cans - we get that question a lot.

There are a few problems with putting POR-15 in an aerosol can. One being that the dilution needed to make it work in an aerosol can would undermine its effectiveness.

Another is because POR-15 is moisture cured you'd have just one session to use the can. If you wait until later the POR-15 will seal it shut.

And finally, if spraying POR-15 you need to make sure you're using a good quality respirator to protect your health, which is something most people using an off the shelf can of spray paint aren't going to have.

But Dan, lots of people use their own spray guns to apply POR-15. Just make sure you use the POR-15 Solvent to thin it out (and not another type of solvent). For clean up you can use lacquer thinner. Yes, its messy stuff, but that's how you know it works so well.

Thanks again all. Meet me over at the POR-15 Shop forum where I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well, I'll be darned. There right here in Valparaiso, only a few miles down the road from my house. Adam, wheres Crabapple lane at? Valpo's growing so fast I cant keep up with all the new address's. Maybe I can pick mine up locally? I mean I will be needing some real soon, as I'm waiting on a guy to get back to me on doing some sandblasting on the new project for me. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I plan on using it primarily for my clone and on the tbird and the other restorations when it goes down to the gunnels. rick thanks for doing the footwork and adam thanks for joining us a MCN.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts