Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the Cougar vendrors make pontoons?Its been!%*&##+!^ raining here 19 out of 20 days I got frickin ducks swimming in my back yard!Id like to put some spring miles on,at least on a cloudy day.Just venting-weather gettig any of you down? No end in site until sat or sun.Im ready to hire a shaman to clear the skies up.How bout you other midwesterners? Dan:cry:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I hear you brother!

I'm never going to wash my Cougar again because everytime I do it rains within the next couple days! CHRIKEY! :mad:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Evil ~

I was born up there in Oregon.. I'm amazed that you even know what Sun is in order to complain about the rain!! :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dan, I here you as a fellow midwest dweller it has been a crappy spring, it came a gully washer about noon sat and kept up till late sun night. It was 40deg this morning!! You KNOW I had plans to go to the sat night drive in cruise in and car show. You can also figure what happened!!:angryfi: :angryfi: :angryfi: mm

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hm, here in SoCal it was already 64 degrees at 5:30am...

Just helpin to spread a little sunshine

:newburn:

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Rain? What's that? :D

In North Texas, by the time you get back to your car to shut your windows, the rain's gone and the sun's back out...

My problem is the lack of A/C in my cat keeping it penned up most of the time... This weekend is going to be spent putting a 31 spline, 3.50:1 traction lok rear end out of a 68 Shelby into my cat.... (Don't ask what happened to the Shelby, it's a very sad story.. Think big garage fire and rotisserie restored shelby).

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Logan where did you get the 31 spline axles? You didnt already have a 31 spline rear in the car did you? The reason I'm asking is I dont think the 68 stang axles will work will they? mm

·
Registered
794 Posts
where is Solon?

And what the hell is rain? It had to have been at least 95 here in sunny So. Cal. today. I dont remember the last time it rained. COme to think of it, my boy is 2yrs old and I think he has seen rain once. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Rain?? Isn't that what happens when you find out the part for your Cat is twice what they told you in cost? Oh no thats tears...lol
Anyway it has rained here for the past week and i am sick of it and i can't even drive my cat !
Anyway it is for the better i can get more work done on her that way.
;)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
mm,

I got the entire rear end out of a 68 Shelby that burnt up in a garage fire. I got the housing, diff, axles, drums, everything.

The 9inch housing's from 67-68 9inch mustangs are exactly the same as the 69-70 Cougars (I've been told this is so up to 73). I'm pretty happy about it. Total cost including complete, correct restoration was less than $700. Talk about a steal.

The measurements are identical.

It's the 65-66 9inch housings that you need to stay away from. They're narrower, but by an inch, so they're still usable so long as your wheels have the correct offset.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Logan, that is what I was trying to remember. You are right about the 67-70 being the same it is a 60" track. I knew that an older one was different by an inch, but couldnt remember what years it was. You are wrong about the 71-73's though they are a 61" track. You can take that to the bank as I remember that very clearly. You will like the 3.50 just fine I think. And by the way that is not a bad deal, congrats!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sunny Days!

It's funny to hear people complaining about rain. I'm nursing a sunburn that I aquired this past weekend while wrenching away on my '67. As a matter of fact, I'll be out working on my Coug again tonight in shorts and a tank top, it's been too hot to wear anything more than that out here in Cali!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm with you bones... gonna have to start wearing one of those "rice paddy" straw hats to keep my neck from burnin with all this sunshine glaring down on me.

Picked up a Gano filter today... waiting for the car to cool so I can backflush it again and install the filter... woohoo...

For the record, Larry's has them for $32.27 out the door. I think it was AutoKrafter or Mustangs Unlimited that wanted $39.95 + tax on them...

Robert

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
More rain here in Cleveland again today

Solon is another suburb of Cleveland, but on the southeast side. I'm on the far, far west side, in another county.

Yep, more rain again today, although we did see the sun for a couple of hours. It got up to all of 59 degrees today. Whoopee.

Dan isn't the only one with ducks in his back yard. Heck, parts of my back yard have been under water so long the grass is rotting. Yuck, what a stench.

Counting the days until I can move out of this state!

Oh, and for you Californians, my 'leadfoot little sister' lives on Balboa Island. She won't buy me one of those rust-free California cars though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's one thing I don't miss!

I spent about 6 months in Ohio before I packed up my family and headed back home. Upon discharge from the Army, I moved from Augusta, Georgia to Cincinnati, Ohio. Lived in Cincinnati from November to April. Snow, rain... rain, snow. Man, I couldn't stand it! So, in April I moved my family out here to Cali where I'm originally from. We're actually going back to visit family in Ohio for the first two weeks of July. Maybe I can meet up with some of you cat owners while I'm back there.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Rain.... what's that :eek2: Hey I saw a cloud last week:1poke:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Iowa checking in here, just been getting some MUCH NEEDED rain in the last couple weeks. All of ours must have went to Ohio. We had an awesome winter, only one measurable snowfall, and that was hardly worth firing up the snowblower over. The kids didn't have one snow day all year, and that's a rarity!. I had my car out at least a few times each in December, January, and February.

I flew into Long Beach last year to take our company's Cali contractors license exam, my wife and I drove for 3 days and never got out of the LA Metro area!! Iowa's got crappy weather, hot and humid summers, COLD, LONG winters, lots of salt on the roads in the winter, but.... (I'm trying to think of the one positive thing...) I'll come up with one sooner or later.

Ron.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts