Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a polygraphite frontend suspension kit from PST?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Logan: Did you just do the bushings or did you go full bore and replace the control arms that come in the super kit?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I need some too.

Hey any help with the front end kit would be great. I have a PST catalog right here in front of me and I'm not sure if I should go with the original perf. or the poly kit. I'm 40 bucks is not a big price to pay for a little more comfort or safety for that matter. I'm just want to know if there is another company out there besides Cougars Unlimited. HEY YOU PRO"S GIVE US A HAND.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still waiting for Logan to reply. Isn't he the all mighty Cougar God?:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's what I hear. I wonder if you he would mine an e-mail instead of this post???????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I'm sure he'll stumble on this post soon. I'm a patient guy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm pretty calm guy just don't want my tires to fall off at 60mph. hahahha 68 coupe witha 351c 2v life is good

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Oooops... Missed this thread. :)

Sorry bout that.

Yes, I went with the whole poly kit. Lower control arms, tie rod ends, and every bushing in the front end. Since I had to take the control arms off, that meant dropping the springs and shocks, so I replaced those too.

My car must be getting pretty safe now... I've darn near replaced everything on it. I just wish someone would make a repo wiring harness.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So I take it that the concensus is to get the poly not the original....?????

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The consensus should be, do what you like. :)

Even if you just use stock replacements, the effect of stiffening up and correcting the suspension will be accomplished. The poly is just a wee bit stiffer, without the squeaks of polyeurethane.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks

:D Thanks once again. i hope soon to have more pics of my cat for all to see......Lance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts