Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the 1" front spring poly isolators available at WCCC? My front end has always sat a bit too low after I cut my front coils down and I had just ordered these isolators to give me a little extra boost back up to keep the headers from dragging but I'm confused on how they should fit. They fit perfectly in the coil springs but when you fit them up in the upper spring perch, the ID of the isolator is the same ID as the lip that centers the spring. Do I need to have a machinist chuck it up in a lathe and take away a little of the ID on the isolator?? Anyone installed these on their cars?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
They should fit with out mods. I have set I took off a car and they were a tight fit but not modified. The thing to watch is that the spring wants to move sideways and fold over the lip that fits into the spring. Just be really careful when you compress the spring to make sure it is exactly centered on the spacer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it to fit...had to stretch it a bit and use some force to get it to fit but eventually I got it. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts