Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Aftermarket

Votes: 74 68.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking CougarBill up on his suggestion, what 'wheels' are best, original, modified, or aftermarket

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I would really like a set of 15x10 and 15x6 factory 70 style steel wheels. Those would look so sweet I think. :)

Rick

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
wheels

Does anyone have the old Halibrand style of Weld wheels in a picture they could post?
The 10spoke shelbys would be killer(if you could afford them!)
shane:D

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
10 Spoke Shelby's woud be awesome w/ a running cat center emblem.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I got weld wheels on my 70
but in the future i may run a set of torque thrust IIs 16 inch style and a set of modified styled steel wheels.I got in a magazine a company that widens any set of rims to your liking. But i may go with a set of boyd coddington wheels for the eliminator, just way to early to say still in the process of gathering up parts now
thanks
pat

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have American Racing 200S 15*10 and 15*7 on my cat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When I was a kid my uncle had the half moon caps on his Cougar and it was wonderful. But I personally think nothing says YEEAAHH!!!! quite like a set of Cragar S\S rims polished beyond belief.
John B.

Reactions: swamper

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the "eleanor wheels on my 68. look in the photo's section under lone star cougar club. I would post a link but I am too much of an idiot with this computer stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My '67 currently has '68/'69 Mustang chrome style steel wheels with GT caps, but Torque Thrust D's would be my first choice if I decide to switch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have some mini-lite wheels on my 69. 15x8.5. I also like the Vintage 48 from V.W.W. I like the torque thrusts on the 67-68 cougars especially.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
68calypso said:
I have the "eleanor wheels on my 68. look in the photo's section under lone star cougar club. I would post a link but I am too much of an idiot with this computer stuff.
you can always post them in the photo gallery :)

Rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
i am going with 17x8 Crager SS's on Ginger. I Think stock is nice on stock or small resto mods, modified...unless your talking widend for drag ..i dunno and aftermarket is just better for all around choices..it's really a matter of personal preference tho:)
Good luck Dayle. Oh and i am going to paint my car that way.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I will eventually be upgrading my Cragar SS knock-offs from the seventies with the real thing.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
be different go w/ a set of aftermarkets, they bring out the car so much more
thanks
pat

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like the stuff made by Colorado Custom. However, not everyone can afford a grand for a set. The rod guys seem to like them also. I've always been partial to Cragar S/S's also... Seems like most factory wheels are just too bland. My .02.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wheels

AR Torqs or Magnum 500's. Cragers for racing apps or Eliminators. My .0002c (I'm underpaid.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like the looks of the original styled steel wheels on my ’68 but 14” is just too small for the performance mods I’m doing. Has anyone seen “Bullet” on an early Cougar? I like the looks of them too, but they may be too big for the ‘67/68 cats visually and physically.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts