Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1997 I tried to buy a 69 428 ram air 4 speed eliminator in Spokane Washington. The car was in parts and not complete but close. This car has haunted me for the last decade plus and I am trying to find out if someone in the hobby saved it or not. I would appreciate any information on the car and its hopeful resurrection. I don't have the vin any longer so that won't help. Anyone know anything?

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Check with Jim Pinkerton or John Benoit, I recall somthing about them looking at one on the east side of the state. Were are you at?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes indeed. John Benoit came close to buying it too, but didn't. However Kevin Suydam, a big-time collector here in the Seattle area does own it (unless he's sold it lately). I know he was looking for someone to either restore it for him or to sell it some 6 months ago or so. You might want to email Kevin and inquire. suydamka at comcast.net

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch guys. I will try to contact Kevin.

I live in Grangeville Id, about 2 hours south of Spokane

Mike Kennedy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys...
I just stumbled into this forum. My dad sold this cougar to Kevin Suydam. Kevin contacted my dad trying to buy his 1969 Ram Air IV Trans Am. Kevin has far deeper pockets but the same luck as the other two dozen guys who tried to get the TA. None. The Cougar was offered up instead. The car had original paint, perfect interior. Complete original engine. Ps cooler, oil cooler, etc. It had a chevy holley that was the only incorrect part. The only damage was from a tire chain that came off at speed and demolished the perfect and dry quarter. The car was not a "barn find". It was sold to my dad by a local car collector who kept it on a lift next to a 25k mile 1970 Hemi 'Cuda, above an Orange 1969 COPO Chevelle in a climate controlled warehouse. In a group of 30 Muscle Cars it was the only Ford we ever had. It was purchased for, and served well as an investment. It turned into an Orbit Orange 1970 GTO Judge that made a nice home for a Jim Butler 460+ cube stroker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts