Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please post ALL "TECH" questions in the Classic Cougar Tech
section, not here. It makes it hard for us to move all these around. I know its new, so lets try and remember. Thanx guys/gals.

Rick

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just a question, why was the cougar community discussion split in two? Because, frankly, I don't really care for the new system of cougar discussion and cougar tech. People, at least as I see it, are mixing the two up because they are so closely related. There may be reasons that I don't know about, but I don't think I'm the only one who prefers the older system. If this were a democracy, I'd have to vote to re-combine the two back into one easier to manage forum. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful of the help and info this site provides, and really appreciate the hard work you, Logan, and cmcpro put into this site. I'm just giving my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not really sure why either, but Logan set it up this way :) Im all for combining them too, makes it alot easier for me and Chris to keep track of too. I'll take it up with Logan and see what he says and what we can do.

Rick

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would like them together also. If the Den is for Misc talk, and the Tech forum for tech, what does that leave cougar community for?

·
Registered
965 Posts
After a thread is moved, it seems all the people who might have responded go away and your help stops. I posted a thread lately directly related to another one . It was moved and the other one wasn't. Logan was even the first to respond to mine and it was still moved. I just don't understand why we could not just KISS(keep it simple stupid). It usually works best!! Just my opinion. Also, half the thread is shifted to the right side and has to be scrolled over. Can that be corrected? I love this site, but why did we have to change it? If it ain't broke...........

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The intent is to put beneficial technical discussions in the tech forum. This is because I've received countless complaints that it's too hard to find discussions related to technical content.

I don't see the dilemma. If you're talking about locating parts, talking about events, trivia, club happenings, cruizin down the boulevard or telling us about your cat, then the Community discussion is the place for it.

If you're asking specifically how to repair your brakes or replace a headliner, well, that's a technical discussion.

I will not be recombining the forums. The two way split is infinitely simpler than how most automotive forums do it, which is to split into Engine Tech / Chassis Tech, etc.. A category for everything... I see this as a healthy, productive comprimise...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Logan,

I realize you aren't talking a poll, but do you have a way to help legitimize the tech forum by moving technical related threads from the Community discusion area?

Steve C.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I think splitting them is a good idea and it will just take everyone a little while to learn and get used to the change. Like Logas said, chatting is for cougar community talk and technical stuff is tech... It keeps for looking through so many things that may be "in your way" when looking through recent tech talk...
Just my .02
Good work guys... I think I bring up a vote to give you guys all a raise at the next board meeting! :lol2:
:D :D :D
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts