Mercury Cougar Owners banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please Read New Guys/Ladies

As originally posted by BiC_Currahee:Hey guys I thought that this post could help all BiC members know who our new members are. When new members join the clan they usaully change their names. I would like if every new member could post their new BiC name and also post the name they use to go by. We talk to a lot of people on the servers that say that they are going to join but if they change their names and dont say anything we have no clue what happened to them. So if you have a liitle time please do this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
part it out or bring her back to life?

got a 67 cougar that needs the roof replaced, should I invest the money to fix it? or should I start looking for another one. Besides the roof the car is in pretty good shape the interior is complete , engine and tranny were rebuilt, suspension is good and all electrical work. has some dings but thats bout it thats why is hard for me to give up on her and pert it out. any idea how much this type of work is going to run me? any advice from anyoune who has had to do any major type of fabrication on if its worth the time and money is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
got a 67 cougar that needs the roof replaced, should I invest the money to fix it? or should I start looking for another one. Besides the roof the car is in pretty good shape the interior is complete , engine and tranny were rebuilt, suspension is good and all electrical work. has some dings but thats bout it thats why is hard for me to give up on her and pert it out. any idea how much this type of work is going to run me? any advice from anyoune who has had to do any major type of fabrication on if its worth the time and money is appreciated. thanks
Your better off posting this in the Cougar Community discussion threads!
you'll get a better answer, IMHO
If you can find a roof shouldnt be that hard, and either weld it your self or find some one to do it for a reasonable price it may not be to bad
talk to some of the ECI on the forum :evil:
you might want to put your location in your profile there could be a Cougar gearhead near you!
Good Luck!
Juli

·
Registered
261 Posts
hello, my name is jean, I live in France. I have a mercury cougar 67. 289
I am very pleased to have this voiture.quelque small repair and I could ride with my car. good day everyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
69 Cougar XR7

Hello all. A dream is coming true. I found myself a 1969 Cougar XR7. It is powered by a 351W attached to a FMX transmission. The guy I bought it from had pulled the engine and transmission to paint the car, along with the chrome molding, mirrors, bumpers, and door handles. He has also pulled the dash apart to replace the heater core.

The car is rust free and straight. It is going to be a project. Not sure where to start. I'm going to be busy moose hunting for awhile and go pick the car up next week. Once I get it home I'll look forward to discussing the restorations with you all.

The VIN# is 9F93M556573, not sure what to do with that or what it could tell me.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another photo

This photo was taken 16 years ago just before he stripped the paint off. From what I understand the paint job it had was cracking and his buddy was going to paint it. The buddy ended up going blind from diabetes and the job was never finished. It sat in the guys shop until two years ago when he had to put it outside, ran out of room with other pressing projects. He did not seem to happy about selling the car but wanted to sell to someone who would get the job done. HE commented that if I did not buy the car he would not sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Hello all. A dream is coming true. I found myself a 1969 Cougar XR7. It is powered by a 351W attached to a FMX transmission. The guy I bought it from had pulled the engine and transmission to paint the car, along with the chrome molding, mirrors, bumpers, and door handles. He has also pulled the dash apart to replace the heater core.

The car is rust free and straight. It is going to be a project. Not sure where to start. I'm going to be busy moose hunting for awhile and go pick the car up next week. Once I get it home I'll look forward to discussing the restorations with you all.

The VIN# is 9F93M556573, not sure what to do with that or what it could tell me.
Welcome to the forum. Here is a breakdown of the VIN:9-Year 1969, F-Built at Dearborn plant, 93-XR-7 Hardtop, M-351-4V Windsor engine, 56,573-Mercury vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn. If you'll check your drivers door, there should be a door data tag with some other codes besides the VIN on it. You should submit this info to the data base on this link: www.cougarclub.org/vindecoder/ . Also, if you would like to know what options your car came with you should order a "Marti" report from here: www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm . John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here is a breakdown of the VIN:9-Year 1969, F-Built at Dearborn plant, 93-XR-7 Hardtop, M-351-4V Windsor engine, 56,573-Mercury vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn. If you'll check your drivers door, there should be a door data tag with some other codes besides the VIN on it. You should submit this info to the data base on this link: www.cougarclub.org/vindecoder/ . Also, if you would like to know what options your car came with you should order a "Marti" report from here: www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm . John
Thanks John. I go tow the car home next week. I'll get the additional information and submit it to the data base as well get a "Marti" report. I am told the car currently has a 351W 2V. Again many thanks. Eero

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey all, My name is Andrea(cougarchick68) and my husband Scott. I jus wanted to introduce my husband and I. We have and are gonna restore a standard 68 cougar 302-2v according to the vin. We got the car pretty rust free except for the roof which held a few surprises under the vinyl top. Its has no motor or Tranny and needs paint so its basically a blank canvas for us to create the car I want it to be. I registered the car on the link provided and look forward to meeting all of you and asking tons of questions

·
Registered
1 Posts
1969 Cougar standard, 351W 4V, C6 trans. When I first went to look at it I thought it was an XR7 but I was wrong. But she is in good solid shape and I've decided to name her Scarlett since I plan on painting her maroon/dark red once I have the body work done. Currently she's gold. (I hate it.)
Here is a link to some pics of her:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102605547096425810480/albums/5737715223374733457

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all... got my 70 Cougar Std. with a 351C (I think), at the end of last year. All original, one owner... the car drives well etc... so I'm debating about keeping it original vs. putting a little modern spin on it. Any input would be appreciated. I love that its original and untouched, but I also crave a tighter handling car (slightly) and a meaner sound and look. It's blue with a white top. I had a dream of a black eliminator tribute a few nights ago and I can't get those images out of my mind. That's the way I'm leaning.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts