Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add - brand new to the group. My husband caught me in 1976 with his beautiful '68 Cougar XR7 in Seafoam Green with black vinyl top. She's been in our garage/shop since 1977 when she finally gave up the ghost while on our way back to university in Stillwater OK. She's been pretty much dismantled since 1978 after we moved into our first house. Moved her and all her parts, our three sons, one dog and all our possessions into a new-to-us house in 1992. It's been a dream of my husband's to restore her and with (hopefully) lots of help from our 3 sons, he'll get to see her roll on the roads around Green Country sooner than later. I joined the group mainly to get advice on parts sources, etc to help him realize this dream. Will post photos of the old girl as soon as I can find some worth sharing. Look forward to learning, sharing and chatting with all our fellow Cougar people!!

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
Thanks for the add - brand new to the group. My husband caught me in 1976 with his beautiful '68 Cougar XR7 in Seafoam Green with black vinyl top. She's been in our garage/shop since 1977 when she finally gave up the ghost while on our way back to university in Stillwater OK. She's been pretty much dismantled since 1978 after we moved into our first house. Moved her and all her parts, our three sons, one dog and all our possessions into a new-to-us house in 1992. It's been a dream of my husband's to restore her and with (hopefully) lots of help from our 3 sons, he'll get to see her roll on the roads around Green Country sooner than later. I joined the group mainly to get advice on parts sources, etc to help him realize this dream. Will post photos of the old girl as soon as I can find some worth sharing. Look forward to learning, sharing and chatting with all our fellow Cougar people!!
We have a fantastic Cougar club here in Tulsa. Other members come from the Stillwater area, where my wife and her sister graduated college. Give us a call or send me a PM and I can hook you up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I joined your group to learn as much about the Cougars as possible before I make my purchase. I have done the Mustang this a couple times, tired of that and I like Camaros but have already owned a couple and its time for something new. My choices came down to an AMX with a 390 and manual shift or a Cougar with a CJ 428 and a manual, well I have opted for the Cougar! I hope this site will not look down on my for changing things when I get my car, I already looked at a 68 Cougar GT.E with a SC 428 but then in researching it I found it was not only beautiful but pretty rare, as in to the point of DONT CHANGE ANYTHING!! Thats not what I want! I would like and Eliminator with a manual and a BB Ford, dont care about numbers matching, I care a lot about rust, dont want that, paint, If its great that good if not then I will deal with that. I want the car to be very healthy mechanical/driveline wise. It doesnt have to be FAST, I already have a FAST car and dont need another one. I am pretty good at turning wrenches so none of that scare me at all. My main hobby is collecting and restoring both US and German Military trucks so most of my wrenches a pretty big! Any clues or suggestions on where to look and where I can learn more in order to make the most informed buying decision possible would sure be appreciate!
Thanks much
Karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts