Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas about where to get the plastic trim on the interior of a '70 standard that runs along the headliner, windshield sides, etc?
All of mine is missing, and I cannot do a headliner till I get it, thanx,
Justin

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
They dont make it new anymore so you will have to find it used. Check the links section on this site for some cougar vendors that deal in used parts. I have used Johns Cougars for some parts and can reccomend him but there are others there as well. Most the time the trim your looking for is called A-piller trim. mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
is it the trim that runs along the door edges? if so its the pinch on windlace. most of the venders have it forsale by the foot, the front windshield header panel is a used part like MM said, I have seen the a piller parts on ebay

good luck with the headliner -----besure to wear a hat and old jeans to install it in......anyone that has done one can tell you why:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think he's talking about the trim that starts parallel to the windshield pillar trim, then continues around the perimeter of the door and rear 1/4 windows. It's about 1.5" wide or so, and about 3/4" thick.
I don't think it's a necessity to have in order to install your headliner, but is needed to make your interior complete.

BTW: I might have a hook up for slightly oversized headliners for a fair price - will post info as soon as I know for sure. They're about 2" bigger on all sides which should make installation easier since there would be more to work with. I saw a 68 XR7 restoration that just got one put in - turned out perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts