Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Does anybody out there have a good source forgetting plastic dash parts rechromed preferably in Ca.?

Don:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Johns Classic Cougars lists in his catalog that they do plastic rechroming. You can be sure to trust him. mm

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I talked to both yesterday. I'll have to wait till after October to send my parts off. I also found a place in van nuys,ca called "just dashes" no rechroming but it looks like an excellent source for interior vinyl restorations..(www.justdashes.com)

Don

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Get the bezel chromed yet Don?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey Don, I got mine done at a place called "CoTech", but had to send them away to do it (though I can't remember where they are) - They did an EXCELLENT job with them, even said they would paint on the black if I wanted (but I didn't want...:lol: ) I still have the reciept at home if you're interested in how to contact them.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
CoTechs . thats a funny name

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Paul... email me the contact info... The winter for sure I'm gonna do it ... whille the redcat gets a new coat of paint..

Thanks
Don

·
Banned
4,754 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
don i will email you with a place my dad has contacts with as soon as he replys also i will send you some stuff you can buy to do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cougarguy said:
don i will email you with a place my dad has contacts with as soon as he replys also i will send you some stuff you can buy to do it yourself.
Really? Have you seen the results Greg? I'd hate to F I U... If you know what I mean...

Kieth, That looks Great!! What was the turn-around time from JCC?

Don

·
11,000 Posts
I have used Mr G's several times with good results but that was when I lived in Dallas and was able to personally drop the part off and go there and pick it up. Mr G's is a huge operation with no organization per se. When I would go to picjk my parts up he would show me where the recently completed Cougar dash parts were and let me pick the ones I wanted based on the receipt given at drop off time. In other words you are not guaranteed to get your part back.

On the other hand quality was excellent. They paint the light blue, black and white on the rear side just like original and paint the silver and black areas on the Cougar horn emblem and dash logos perfectly as well.

I used John Baumann on my most recent dash restoration. Took about 4 months. Looks nice but not as good as Mr G's. No paint work done either.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmmmm That's good to know Royce. I was leaning towards Mr. G's but was a little worried about send my parts half way across the country...

Don

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Don,

I am reproducing a lot of different parts for mustang & cougars, and have been in talks with Ray the owner over at Quality Mustangs

http://qualitymustangs.tripod.com/

He does fantastic work and is also an enthusiast, which puts him up a notch over others who are just in it for the buck. I just sent him my OEM GT bezel and hope to have it back soon!

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Doug what parts are you reproducing?
Ray

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ray said:
Doug what parts are you reproducing?
Ray
For the Cougars, I'm currently producing 69/70 Kick panels as originals, and with speaker pods. Also 69/70 center console gauge pods for the original consoles. I just finished 71/73 convertible inner quarter trim panels, also have 69;70;71/73 steering column shields that go under the column that always have the tabs broken off.

I'm also working on a fiberglass deck lid and end caps for the 67/68 Cougars that have the flared ends like the California Specials or Shelbys.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
don i still havent got the location or the name of the stuff yet i will call today and hopefully can get it for you.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey Don,

Cotech
1805 Little Orchard St. #100
San Jose, CA 95125
(408)977-0400

It was done in '96 and cost me a total of 140.00, plus $10 bucks a piece for polishing the plastic lenses on the gauges...they also chromed my knobs (err...that's what THEY call the little chome nipply-things on the lenses) no charge.

As I recall, the turnaround time was pretty reasonable too...and they chrome the plastic, then overcoat it with a .003 inch layer of urethane clear coat.

I was and still am EXTREMELY happy with the quality of the work they did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts