Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what color pinstripes would have come on a 1969 XR-7 convertible in Medium Emerald Metallic Paint with white Leather interior? Also does anyone have photos of what the stripes looked like? Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
pinstripe_rear.JPG pinstripe_front.JPG
Does anyone know what color pinstripes would have come on a 1969 XR-7 convertible in Medium Emerald Metallic Paint with white Leather interior? Also does anyone have photos of what the stripes looked like? Thanks.
I, in fact, have a medium emerald green 69 conv (blk int, though) and it had white striping. 100% confirmed. I can't find my pics fast, but these are of an original paint car I'd photographed for reference. 'The book' says equally wide stripes top and bottom, but my car's bottom stripe was slightly wider as was a parts car I had a number of years ago. I went with what I found, but most people will agree equal widths are officially 'correct'.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DSC_0652.jpg DSC_0645.jpg DSC_0654.jpg

So even with the silver striping on the hood the pinstriping would have been white. Intersesting. Here are a few photos. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great photos. I have seen the postings about spacing between stripes, thickness of stripes, etc. Can you send a photo to show the spacing at door intersection with fender/ rear quarter etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts