Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well, since there wasn't such a thing as Candy Apple Red from the factory I'm guessing you mean Cardinal Red, color code T. Need to know what the original color of your interior was/is and then I can look the pinstripe color up for you.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what is the correct pinstripe for Paint Code B (Maroon) in '69?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Black .

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My information is that with black interior it would have had black pin stripes, unless it is a convertible with a white cvt top, in which case it would have had white pin stripes.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Now that's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen an original red or maroon car with black pinstripes. They have always been white.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Jeff -- The reason I didn't list my "source" for this information is that unfortunately I don't know when or where I got it; so, it may not be true. We need to find someone who has an original showroom album of paint and upholstery as I believe it would list the pinstripe offerings.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I checked both the original paint/upholstery book and dealer facts album that I have and neither lists paint stripe colors/combinations. I don't think I they are missing any pages, but who knows? My '69 paint/upholstery book is not quite as complete as the ones I have for '67 and '68, which do list the color/trim/stripe combinations.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
You are correct my color code is T, my interior code is FD (White Leather/Red appointments.
Sounds like a nice lookin' car. Do you have a white or black top? I think you'd be better off matching the color of the top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts