Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I have purchased the pillar pads for my 68 but I can't figure out how they are installed. I have the clips from Mustangs Unlimited, they fit in the holes on the pillar but how do I put the clips on the pillar pad???? Does this question make sense? Thanks for the time and help everyone...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He looks into the room and says "HELLO" and no one replies.

·
Registered
168 Posts
bad memory

If I remember right they are molded into the a-pillar pad, but I can check to be sure of it tommorow morning. That is if someone cant help you in the mean time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for thehelp I will look into it further....
Lance

·
Registered
175 Posts
I didn't even know 68 Cats had pillar pads.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by a-pillar pads, but I think my '68 std coupe has them... of course, the PO owned an interior shop so he may have added them, but... can someone post a picture of a "pillar-pad"?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have some pics

I added aome pics in <a href=http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=404&cat=500&thumb=1>My Gallery</a> Hope They help.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I definitely have those (in a box, need to reinstall since I had the headliner put in... in 1996...). Does anyone know if '68 std coupe had them, or did my PO upgrade? Maybe they were optional? The PO definitely did work on the interior (custom seats - same pattern, but mixed fabric and vinyl, very comfortable), but I don't think he messed with things like the pads...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I have a piar of them, so I guess the question is what goes there if not the pads...

·
11,000 Posts
1967 standard interior is very similar to the 1968 deluxe interior. The 1968 standard interior did not include pillar pads. Several other items are missing from the 1968 standard Cougar that were standard on the '67 such as the remote adjustable rear view mirror and trunk lamp. These items became extra cost options to offset Mercury's costs for the new for 1968 safety features required by federal law such as the side marker lamps / reflectors and front seat shoulder harness.

The clips slide sideways to lock onto the pads. The pads then snap into the holes in the windshield post.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Royce is the man. Thanks I'll try when I get out from behind this desk.

Lance

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I just remembered that my cat was vinyl top (another rant for the Den forum) - does this option correspond to the deluxe interior? Would my VIN and/or build plate tell me if I have the deluxe interior?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got a nice set off E-Bay recently. Anybody know where in the world I can find the clips to install them? Anybody got extras they would like to sell?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mustangsunlimited.com Should have some if not let me check my box- o- goodies.. Lance

·
Registered
138 Posts
6t8cat,

Thanks! I'll take a look at my Mustangs Unlimited catalog tonight. If they don't have em I'll get back with you and see what you found in the box-o-goodies.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My 68 standard has the Dacor interior and it had the pads.
as does the 67. Do they just snap on ? I've never had mine off.

Don

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yep, there are these pegs on the pads that snap into the a-pillar.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
keuelll

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts