Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Cool pics. Wounder who may have that comp, orange Eliminator?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Sweet pics love the boss 302 mustang in the 2nd pic

thanks
pat

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great pics. Note that the hood on the orange cougar didn't line up perfectly, even when it was new!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
My buddies that work at John Lance Ford in Westlake, OH have a B&W 'lot shot' like that from around then as well hanging in their parts/service department... Might be a couple of years later, though... I'll see if I can get a pic of the pic the next time I'm at the dealership (or get one of them to take a pic of it for me...)

My buddy Terry (who has worked at Lance Ford since '76) almost bought a used '71 Cougar GT 429CJ off the used car lot there in '74, but bought a '73 Mach 1 351C-4V - 4-spd from another dealer... which, of course, he still has...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Man, all those cool cats! and to think 34 hundred dollars or less!!! Beautiful cars huh!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Those really are cool photographs. However, they wouldn't all be $3400 or less. My 70 standard was stickered at $5238.70.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Those really are cool photographs. However, they wouldn't all be $3400 or less. My 70 standard was stickered at $5238.70.
I think my 0F91H sold for about 3400.
Your 70 has something the ones in the picture probably didn't have. Not just the sunroof, but other things too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great pics to share . Actually remember these years and looking at all the new cars on the lots when we drove be .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah. More pics like this. I grew up as a kid in the 70's and early 80's and was lucky enough to have a father that had a very small VW/AMC/Jeep/Mazda dealer in Michigan. There used to be so many muscle cars on the used car lot back in the mid 70's because of the oil embargo back then. As a small kid I was always intimidated by the big muscle cars as they looked like they were going to start up by themselves and run me over. A lot of them were aggressive looking. I absolutely was in heaven though as I would sit in all of the cars and marvel at all the different colors, interiors, various engines, and all of the various differences being offered by all of the manufacturers. Great times. Look at the variety on that Ford lot! I don't even get excited by driving by car lots anymore. All gray boring boxes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts