1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Nice! Went to the link and there is a lot of very cool stuff (not to mention how nice Cali is!). Looks like a lot more than just Merc's and Cougar's though?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Some really nice Cali cars.... thanks for sharing. A Cougar with curb feelers is something you don't see everyday.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Went to the link and there is a lot of very cool stuff (not to mention how nice Cali is!). Looks like a lot more than just Merc's and Cougar's though?
One of our members is and has been associated with other make car clubs and they were invited to increase the number of cars and interest in our show.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I am glad to see that Kat finally got her car finished.
Looks like a successful show.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Intrigued by the copper/brown '70 HT with some sort of fabric over the headlight doors, what's that about?

Again, looks like a great show, thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's Lou Otte's car. I think the intent is to protect the grillework (headlight doors) from rocks etc. Scott B probably has a better insight as to why Lou has these covers installed.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
That's Lou Otte's car. I think the intent is to protect the grillework (headlight doors) from rocks etc. Scott B probably has a better insight as to why Lou has these covers installed.
I thought that they told me once, that it was to keep bugs off.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I thought that they told me once, that it was to keep bugs off.
Not a bad idea actually, especially for those who drive their cars to shows. I was scraping a little dried bug juice off the headlight doors myself at the show last Saturday in fact! Wonder how they attach, couldn't be "socks", maybe if the tubes were slit and held together with velcro or something...

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bob, Screen wire like for a window screen, makes a great bug catcher. Rubber bands and paper clip hooks will hold it in place then it rolls up easy for storage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts