Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1841 - 1860 of 1886 Posts

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,841
Bob,

Does this mean you will have it at Englishtown this weekend for the swap meet / car show?
Actually, I could make it if I wanted to, after my work last night all that is left is to throw the hood back on and (minorly) clean the car up. However, I likely have other priorities that will take precedence this weekend. Will definitely make the fall one though...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

I was hoping to be among the first to see/hear the 408 in person. I usually don't go to the fall one. It seems like every year there is more and more household items and less car parts.

Guess I have to wait for Ford Carlisle.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,843
Bob,

I was hoping to be among the first to see/hear the 408 in person. I usually don't go to the fall one. It seems like every year there is more and more household items and less car parts.

Guess I have to wait for Ford Carlisle.
Sorry about that Antonio, I would like to go but I don't think it's in the cards. If by chance I do go, I'll post here to let you know!

As for Carlisle, sorry to say that I am not sure we'll be going to that either.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,845
Drove Isabel early this evening for the first time after the 408 installation. It's a beast! I punched the throttle in our cul-de-sac and the tires broke loose and had to let off to get traction back! Rolling at 20-30 MPH, the tires break loose and start smoking up! I am surprised at the difference from the 357C.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,847
Yeah, the volumetric efficiency is probably up on your whole induction setup and exhaust.

How about some video, man?
I did post a (perhaps not great) video of the engine running and a "vroom, vroom tailpipe" shot, what did you have in mind? In car shot? If yes, will have a wait a bit, dropping Isabel off at the paint shop tonight for a few touch-ups and lower quarter chip guard spraying.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
Funny. When we checked out the Chinese manufacturing of components for a local performance part import business, the Pro-comp stuff came from the same production facility as the "Made in USA" stuff. (heads, manifold and ignition)
So far (knock wood) it has been my experience that Pro-comp roller rockers (and now I can say in both aluminum and stainless steel) work just fine for me in my application. The worries over how hard I tach the 408C are fading away as hundreds of "spirited" miles are logged on Isabel's new powerplant.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,849 (Edited)
I feel the need... The need for SPEED!!! Let's go for a ride, just a quick blast...

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,851
Re: I feel the need... The need for SPEED!!! Let's go for a ride, just a quick blast.

Your YouTube setting are set so that video is private...

Andrew
Wonder if it was not yet finished or published or something, just checked and it is public. See if the next two come up for you which I just uploaded.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,856

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,860
With 3.25 gears, the RPM at 80 is about 2250. I am changing to 3.89 gears this winter which will raise this, the RPM's are almost too low for 5th gear. I have gotten 18 MPG highway with the new 408C which is somewhere between 450 and 500 HP!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the (very long!) thread!

Regards,

Robert

1841 - 1860 of 1886 Posts